Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202

/ Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202 #1  

aussieahoy

Tractor
None
Said tractor

Transmission issue, owner says seized and won't freewheel. Aswell as throttle linkage being seized

Has new tires, and mechanic quoted 500 (340usd) to fix. Thinking this is good deal as our local dealer refurbishes this series, so parts and attachments are very close. Should just be used for moving dirt/wood and tilling on clay soil.

Price is 2500 (1500 USD)

/ Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202 #2  
If it's close enough, it might be worth a look. I probably wouldn't though...

/ Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202 #3  
At my age, I no longer care to deal with other owner's carelessness, headaches, misuse, or auction 'deals'.

/ Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202 #4  
If it's 2500 and 500 to fix, I would say to owner why not have it repaired. If everything works properly you would consider buying it for 3000. I would want someone with me, a knowledgeable mechanic checking it out before you buy.
People say that all the time with something not working "For xxx it will work fine"...why not fix it then?

/ Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202
Sadly I was closing on a bx23s, but had to backout thanks to our work truck looking like it'll need a rebuild somewhat soon, so I had to look alot cheaper due to still needing to move soil ect
At my age, I no longer care to deal with other owner's carelessness, headaches, misuse, or auction 'deals'.

A
If it's 2500 and 500 to fix, I would say to owner why not have it repaired. If everything works properly you would consider buying it for 3000. I would want someone with me, a knowledgeable mechanic checking it out before you buy.
People say that all the time with something not working "For xxx it will work fine"...why not fix it then?

According to the owner "I have no idea what's wrong with it as I have been unable to get a mechanic to come out and have a look." Which is understandable, since near Christmas mechanics here get really busy, but since it's a somewhat good value tractor it just makes no sense to sell.

Although I'm considering selling our near new mower since it broke, so I understand where the owners coming from

If you're good at fixing things...
I've worked on a fair few cars in my life, including rebuilding a close friends. However my experience with tractors is very limited, hence asking since I presume parts are somewhat harder to both find and fit

/ Scam or decent deal? Kubota l2202 #10  
It looks bad to me. The bucket looks life it off a older different machine. Does it have power steering? To be brutally honest, it looks like junk to me but maybe underneath is a gem.