Seat repair redplacement

/ Seat repair redplacement #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
I have a NH tractor that has cracks in the seam locations. Not unpleasant to drive but water gets in there and remains until I sit in it than it squeezes out to soak my pants. This happens whether I tilt the seat up or not. Looks like a new seat from Messicks is over $300. Generic replacements from tractor supply are reasonable but I don't know if I will need to adapt how it attaches. My brother in law years ago repaired my Kubota seat with some kind of thick (maybe 1/16 in) rubber tape that adhered seemingly permanently. I can't find any suck tape. Any ideas?

/ Seat repair redplacement #2  
I had the same problem of cracks in the seat. Same results, water gets in and soaks your pants when you sit. I tried a strong vinyl repair tape but it did not work for very long. I ended up replacing my entire seat with a universal type spring suspension seat from Tractor Supply for about a hundred bucks. I did have to adapt it to fit my sliding seat track but it was easy to do. I think it may have taken a couple hours but was well worth it for me. I now enjoy having a suspension seat. I could have gone cheaper with a replacement fixed seat but for a hundred bucks went the other way.

/ Seat repair redplacement #3  
Some of those generic seats are pretty cheap and nasty. I have a molded seat on my Steiner that is ripped and I am just going to bite the bullet and pay the couple of hundred bucks for a new Steiner one. Another unmolded seat on my Kubota loader, I will take to a customer of mine who does reupholstry for transit services. Might cost me a little but the brand new Exmark seat I am using now (A freebee) is of different dimensions and a little annoying. A replacement seat from Kubota was something like twelve hundred bucks if my memory serves me!

/ Seat repair redplacement #4  
Here's an idea that worked for me. A tree branch came down and put a scrape in my seat cushion. I put a patch on it so water wouldn't get in, but didn't like sitting on the patch, so I stole a boat cushion from our canoe and set it on the seat. I now get the added advantage of sitting up a little higher, which I like. It was a cushion/flotation device, so it had straps on the back for putting your arms through. I slipped them under the seat and hooked them together with bungees to secure the cushion in place.

/ Seat repair redplacement
Thanks everybody for advice. I went to ebay and bought what looks like a OEM seat for 119 instead of the 329+ that was listed at the NH dealer. Works great was exact replacement with new bolts included.