Seized Honda GX 390

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
I posted this question before and now can't find it so apologize. In anycase I have a GX 390 Powered Fradan walk behind blower. Previous owner passed away and his kids put it out on road to dispose of it. Full of oil but it is seized.

Any suggestions? One I have is to pull plug and pour Mystery Oil in before I start pullin it apart

Appreciate any input

Bob

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #2  
Seized from sitting or sized while running??

IF, it's from sitting, I'd take the plug out and squirt in Blaster of Free All and then let it set several days before I did anything else to it.

SR

/ Seized Honda GX 390
SR-No clue- The air cleaner looks good- oil level up and clear and bright. the recoil was hanging off of it. bolted it back on and cord will not budge.

Maybe I'll pull recoil off and see if I can turn it.

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #4  
Pull the plug and spray an ample amount of WD-40 in the hole. Get on the shaft with channel lock pliers and work it back and forth to try and free. Once it's free spin it over to expel the excess and give it a try. I have done this with engines that seized both from sitting and over heating. The last one was on a log splitter a few years back and the owner told me the other day it was still running fine.

/ Seized Honda GX 390
Pull the plug and spray an ample amount of WD-40 in the hole. Get on the shaft with channel lock pliers and work it back and forth to try and free. Once it's free spin it over to expel the excess and give it a try. I have done this with engines that seized both from sitting and over heating. The last one was on a log splitter a few years back and the owner told me the other day it was still running fine.
TG
thx- seems all replys are onto same thought -regardless if Marvel Mystery Oil, PB or WD a lot of suggestions to avoid pulling it apart.

Stay tuned

/ Seized Honda GX 390
Well guys an update. I pulled plug and shot some WD in it and then took recoil off and put a socket on crank. Should have done that first. Turned easy as can be-for bout 270 degrees. then I pulled valve cover. One rocker moving as it should while no movement on other-other then the rocker arm was very loose-no tension either way.

So lobe came off cam? valve broke and that is why wont go past 270? And I say 270-Plus or minus like 3/4 rottion and it jams???

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #7  
Well guys an update. I pulled plug and shot some WD in it and then took recoil off and put a socket on crank. Should have done that first. Turned easy as can be-for bout 270 degrees. then I pulled valve cover. One rocker moving as it should while no movement on other-other then the rocker arm was very loose-no tension either way.

So lobe came off cam? valve broke and that is why wont go past 270? And I say 270-Plus or minus like 3/4 rottion and it jams???
Valve fell in cylinder?

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #8  
Interesting. I had a bad experience with a Honda motor a few years ago, brand new motor and it tossed a rod and Honda told me it was my fault and would not warrant it. Said I let it run out of oil. I had 4 hours on the motor and it had low oil shutdown. New oil, full (until the hole let it out).

Replaced it with a 99 buck HF Pred motor and been running fine for 3 years now. I'm done with Honda motors.

/ Seized Honda GX 390 #10  

Is the piston going up and down as your turn the crankshaft ?