Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw?

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #71  
You are quoting Stihl prices to replace non-Stihl blower. Worst case possible. Extremely good battery blowers can be had from $130 to $300 including battery and charger.

You've probably already mentioned these, but could you point me in the right direction?

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #72  
You've probably already mentioned these, but could you point me in the right direction?

Are you already invested in any battery tools? That can be a big driver on the economics of what to buy.

Milwaukee M18 makes a great battery chainsaw. I have not used one of their blowers, but I hear it's good as well.

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw?
Are you already invested in any battery tools? That can be a big driver on the economics of what to buy.

Milwaukee M18 makes a great battery chainsaw. I have not used one of their blowers, but I hear it's good as well.

We have a m18 blower at work and it’s fantastic. I’m annoyed they didn’t buy one sooner. We do PMs around rooftop industrial air handlers with pull in fresh air directly into the building, gas powered stuff around them is a no no. Battery powered has been great.

I’m not a Milwaukee fan, actually don’t like their tools but they make a good blower.

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #74  
It seams like it's the battery that everything is based on. If you have one brand then sticking with it is probably the cheapest option as long as they make the equipment you need. I switched to Milwaukee after my Makita cordless drills let me down. I went with Milwaukee because I wanted a cordless grease gun and at the time the options were limited. Milwaukee seams to be really aggressive with adding new tools. Other brands are also upping their game and expanding their lines as well. I doubt I could see myself investing in Sthil to buy one of their cordless saws and invest in their batteries when I've already committed to Milwaukee. Kind of a shame that each brand has it's own style of battery.

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #75  
I'd probably go with the Milwaukee too if i was starting out with replacing tools. Ridged was pretty aggressive a few years ago, which coincided with me replacing worn out Makita cordless single speed drill. I'd kept the Makita going for awhile by parting out other drills and battery packs.

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #77  
My wife has the DeWalt chainsaw and really likes it. She doesn't have to fight with starting the gas powered Stihls. Since I have several DeWalt tools, we have several batteries that work with it.

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #78  
I have more gas saws than I know what to do with, but was very excited when I opened this Christmas gift from my wife. Weather permitting, I’m going to try and get some downed trees taken care of today. From what I can see, I think this will be a great addition to my stable of saws.

63062589566__A57FE265-C9EC-46AD-900B-AEBB998EBDD3.jpg

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #79  
I was out yesterday with the AP Stihl polesaw, chainsaw and extended hedge trimmer.

Neighbor came over and was impressed... not only all that was done but more so that he didn't hear any of it

/ Sell Gas and Buy Battery Chainsaw? #80  
I see the older style Dewalt 20V chainsaw on sale everywhere, and lots of complaints on bar oil leaks.
Anyone have this and can comment?
Seems the newer model for this year and the larger models don't have this problem.