Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #1  

DanielDD

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 5090E
Bought a new John Deere 5090e cab tractor in 2021 with a 12 foot flex rotary cutter. Things have changed on our property that we can live without the tractor and the cutter. I financed the purchase thru John Deere financial, so I still owe on it. Do you think the dealer (trigreen) does these types of deals? Not looking to trade it in. It has 90 hours on it and for the most part, it sits in my shop gathering dust. Just not worth keeping it while it sits more than its being used.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #2  
Does not hurt to ask. They likely will offer to sell it on consignment vs buying it but you never know. Of course you could always sell it yourself.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?
Thanks. Gonna call them tomorrow and see what they have to say. Selling myself is an option, but I'll have to check with JD financial to understand how that process would work..

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #4  
I don't know your financial situation or how much you may have put down when purchasing this but more than likely you are going to lose money on this deal.

If you really want to get out of that loan you might have to pay more into. I agree that the dealer would probably put it on consignment and take a fee for selling it for you. If they were to buy it back, I think they would not give you what you owe on it. Not really sure, just guessing.

I sold a boat one time that took over a year and when I finally had someone that wanted it, I payed 500 dollars towards the loan just to get it paid off, based on the offer from the buyer. At that point in time I just wanted it gone and was tired of the payments. I you really want it gone as quickly as possible there could be a possibility you might have to pay into it to get it sold. Maybe not, but it depends.

Good luck to you.

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility?
Financial situation is fine as a retiree. House and land are paid for, only the tractor is financed. Since I've owned the tractor and batwing, I've paid roughly $15K against the loan. Not willing to pay more to sell it. If that's the case, then I'll hold on to it. Since agricultural equipment prices are at a premium, I would hope that the loss for selling would be minimal.

I've looked at both TractorHouse and MachineryPete. Haven't decided which one is best for my application.

Curious to find out what TriGreen will say tomorrow..

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #8  
IMHO going to the dealer you will loose way
more than you want to. Sell it yourself or put
it on tractor house to sell as they have great
coverage to sell items.

willy

/ Selling a Tractor Back to the Dealer. Is this a possibility? #10  
I have no clue but.... does JD Financial allow a person to sell their equipment privately (before paid off)??