Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price?

/ Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price? #1  

Doug_D

Tractor
Kubota M7040
Getting ready to sell my NX5010 HST with loader, but honestly have no idea what to ask for it. I bought it in 2016 and it just turned 200 hours. I traded in an old tractor and some cash.

I sold most of my land in illinois and really don't need it any longer.

I think it has one set of remotes on the back too.

The mirror got pulled off by someone using it as a handle to climb up and the front grill has a couple dings from sticking the nose where it should not be.

Any help would be great! Thank you.

Doug

/ Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price? #2  
Share some photos.

/ Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price? #3  
Close to what you paid for it would be my guess... and that's going off of reports from fellow TBN'ers as to the market in the USA.

Your call really.

/ Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price? #4  
In cases like this when selling ag and construction equipment, I find if the value is within 80% of new price the sale can be tough. Once the price of used equipment gets within 75%+ of new the option to purchase new becomes more appealing due to lower interest rates and available factory warranties. This is the same for vehicles, power sports toys, large ticket tools, etc. Unless the interested party is a cash buyer, new purchase loans always have better interest rates over used equipment loans and available factory warranties. This puts private used equipment sales at a disadvantage to new equipment sales often forcing the private seller to lower their price to around 70% (or more) of the new price to remain competitive. It can get rough out there and a guy can lose a lot of money. Do you have potential other uses for the tractor? In your signature you say you're starting a cabin rental business. Is there any value added options you could use the tractor for to get value out of the it before selling: snow removal, landscaping, cash flow ideas, etc?

Moving on to helping your sale: I don't remember what year tier 4 emissions started on Kioti tractors, but if 2016 NX models are pre-tier 4 maybe that will help your marketing strategy? Is there anything about your tractor setup that makes it stand out over a competitor or new model?

/ Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price? #5  
In cases like this when selling ag and construction equipment, I find if the value is within 80% of new price the sale can be tough. Once the price of used equipment gets within 75%+ of new the option to purchase new becomes more appealing due to lower interest rates and available factory warranties. This is the same for vehicles, power sports toys, large ticket tools, etc. Unless the interested party is a cash buyer, new purchase loans always have better interest rates over used equipment loans and available factory warranties. This puts private used equipment sales at a disadvantage to new equipment sales often forcing the private seller to lower their price to around 70% (or more) of the new price to remain competitive. It can get rough out there and a guy can lose a lot of money. Do you have potential other uses for the tractor? In your signature you say you're starting a cabin rental business. Is there any value added options you could use the tractor for to get value out of the it before selling: snow removal, landscaping, cash flow ideas, etc?

Moving on to helping your sale: I don't remember what year tier 4 emissions started on Kioti tractors, but if 2016 NX models are pre-tier 4 maybe that will help your marketing strategy? Is there anything about your tractor setup that makes it stand out over a competitor or new model?

My 2014 NX4510HST is a Tier IV so his should be also. That may be a drawback to selling it. There have been issues with these tractors.

/ Selling My NX 5010 HST open station - 200 Hours - What kind of price? #6  
My 2014 NX4510HST is a Tier IV so his should be also. That may be a drawback to selling it. There have been issues with these tractors.

Putting in a warmer T-stat is the field solution to most Tier IV issues.