Service trailor brake system warning

/ Service trailor brake system warning #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
My 2500HD has the factory brake controller. Almost since it was new, I have had a message saying "Service Trailer Brake System". Anyone know what causes it?

/ Service trailor brake system warning #2  
Its a Chevy...:laughing: No really, get it to the dealer. The message is there for a reason.

Chris

/ Service trailor brake system warning #3  
My 2500HD has the factory brake controller. Almost since it was new, I have had a message saying "Service Trailer Brake System". Anyone know what causes it?
Does it do that with different trailers or just one? Sounds like a trailer wiring problem.
Its a Chevy...:laughing: No really, get it to the dealer. The message is there for a reason.
Helpful as usual... :rolleyes:

/ Service trailor brake system warning #4  
Search it on Google
There is a lot of info and it looks to be pretty common

/ Service trailor brake system warning
I've googled it. Lots of people get it, but no definite reason or fix, it seems to be a rather generic condition that could be about anything. It happens without a trailer attached. There are no ODB codes.
This is a pre "govt motors" chevy. The reason I have a chevy is because I used to have a ford. :laughing: And I don't have time to go into how the local ford dealer screwed things up...

I was hoping someone on TBN has seen this problem and can chime in.

/ Service trailor brake system warning
It ended up being a sensor on the master cylinder that sends braking info to the brake controller.

/ Service trailor brake system warning #8  
Glad you got it fixed. Like I said earlier, the dealer would figure it out.

Chris