She called my bluff!

/ She called my bluff! #11  
I have a TC24D HST and love the thing. I did not consider the 18 or the 21 for one simple reason, they are the same size tractor with less power. RARELY do you wish you had LESS power. The TC24D has become my favorite tractor (I have 4), it is a great size, in between the little sub-compacts and the next frame size up. It gets into places other tractors don't fit into. It has plenty of power for its size. It is a great mowing machine and still has the power to work on a rock pile or dig in a ditch.

Now if only the TC 24D had a cup holder!!!

/ She called my bluff! #12  
Murph, agreed, the 7308 should have more capacity, but I would guess that it is still stronger than the 12LA. I easily pickup a 1,000 lbs with my 7308. What's the spec on the 12LA ?

Also, the TC30 uses all the same mowers, blades, and blowers available for the TC29 and TC33.

My TC30 hydro is a no-frills workhorse. Lots of power for the $$$

Attachments

• 312740-TC30.turf.jpg
    312740-TC30.turf.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 111
   / She called my bluff! #14  
You do get a lot of bang for the buck with a TC30. 1636 pounds lift capacity on the 3PH. A 9x3 standard transmission. Tilt up hood. 2 or 4 wheel drive. And I think this tractor has been around for awhile as in all the bugs have been worked out (From the Ford days I think)

Can be had for appx $10,800 in 4WD with R4's. Under $14,000 with a NH loader.

/ She called my bluff! #15  
The TC30 literature says the 7308 loader has a lift capacity of 875 lbs

/ She called my bluff! #16  
I could be wrong, but I was on the understanding the 12LA did have more lift capacity than the 7308. I thought it was around 200lbs more and it is more of an axle thing on the 29 and 33's. The 30 may have a stronger axle to handle more wieght? I am just not sure though and don't have the information available right now.

The 30 even with hydro is a no frills rig and a good one and was just thinking a guy could get more horsepower for less money as a trade off.

murph

/ She called my bluff! #17  
Ok, It just seemed to me that a class 1 tractor would have a lower capacity loader. I am pleasantly surprised that the 12LA is that strong.

/ She called my bluff!
Murph,

Yes, the TC18 price included HSD. Couldn't live without it, or at least my knee couldn't. The difference was $2200 at one dealer and $2175 at another.

Now I have been following the thread under general discussions/owning and operating regarding the TC24 not being a good buy. LAGEORGE has followed up with some disturbing info after talking to NH pertaining to problems with the fuel tanks, specifically in the TC24Ds. Sure sounds like he has had a rough go with the tractor and has me wondering. Has anyone else been having problems after racking up some hours?

The main advantage with the NH that had me ready to go was the 85" reach with the FEL compared to 69" with Kubota. I have applications in mind where that extra 15" will be very useful. I also plan to have this tractor a long time and am not absolutely set on NH. Maybe I should start over. First round of comparisons for me included the B7500 (no position control, which I wanted) and the TC21. Now that I am into the 24 hp class, I think I will check around one more time. I tried out a used B2410 with 96 hours and found it to be a strong and easy handling machine. Kinda wish I bought it. The price was fair and I found out the balance of the warranty transfered since he was the original owner. Snooze, you loose!

My confusion continues, but I'm learning a lot and having fun in the process.

Brad

/ She called my bluff! #19  
I've had 1 minor problem with my TC18. Slight leak in the rear end. Dealer came out & fixed it under warranty. Almost 200 hours on my TC18.

You are right to be concerned after reading LAGEORGE's problems. I think you should mention them to your dealer & ask what actions he will take to ensure you are a happy customer. Ie check the problem areas out before delivery, offer free pickup for warranty work, that sort of thing.

If you like the specs on the TC24, then buy it! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Assuming the dealer gives you satisfactory answers to the above question).

If you want to shop further, check out the Deere 4115, it should spec pretty close to the TC24D.

Happy shopping.

/ She called my bluff! #20  
New Holland is putting out some conflicting numbers as far as the 12LA loader lift capacity. In the TC24D Sales brochure that I have, it says the 12LA loader has an impressive 750-pound lift capacity.

The New Holland web site does say 1090 lbs at the bucket pivot. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Don