shop manuals

/ shop manuals #1  

griz

Tractor
Case DX 40 8/1/03
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone has purchased or checked on prices of shop manuals for nh. If so how much do they normally run and are they pretty easy to read. (I have heard some are not translated very well). I know it may vary depending on the part of the country but I was just trying to get a general idea. Thanks, Griz.

/ shop manuals #2  
I got a quote for a TC33D a month or so ago and a shop manual was included in the quote for $85. I didn't buy NH so I can't vouch for the quality of the manual.

/ shop manuals #3  
For which New Holland tractor? The price is different for different models. The Repair Manuals that cover the TC25D, TC29D and TC33D were $156.00 when I bought mine 2 years ago. Readability is fine.

/ shop manuals #4  
griz
I gave around $160 for mine (TC18). The parts manual was $32. Both are easy to follow and understand. New Holland used to have the prices on there web site, but I was looking the other day and all they give now is the phone # to order them.
Solo

/ shop manuals #5  
I think I paid around $ 200 ( its been a while so don't use that as a quote ) or so for repair manuals and parts diagrams for a TC35D. The books are excellent. No readability problems. Only gripe is that the index is a bit weak.

I got ( 3 ) repair books, a parts ( exploded view ) diagram booklet and a handy 3 ring New Holland Binder.

Its well worth the money if you will keep the tractor for a while and if you like to troubleshoot and repair things yourself.

/ shop manuals #6  
Here is a copy of the post I made back on 6/18/2001. I suspect the prices are still about the same, but the manuals are worth every cent. If you can negotiate for a lower price when you buy your tractor, that would be a great idea.

<font color="blue"> You can order the Repair Manual and Service Parts Catalogue from the order form in the back of the Owner's manual.

I ordered online and had the manuals delivered to my house by UPS in about two weeks. The cost of the parts manual is $31.20 and the other manuals (three book set) is $204.00. With shipping and tax that is a whopping $259.42. Ouch!. If I had known the price, I would probably have tried to negotiate for the books at the time I bought my tractor. Oh well.... Hope this helps.

) [/blue]
<font color="green"> I deleted the URL because it is no longer valid. </font>

/ shop manuals #7  
I previously mentioned that I had a quote for a $85 for a TC33D shop manual, but I failed to mention that price was negotiated with the purchase of a tractor. Apparently the price to walk in and buy one is quite a bit higher. Sorry if I misled anyone /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ shop manuals #8  
Thanks to your old post, I got mine thrown in when I signed the paperwork for the tractor. On delivery day, my salesman handed me the box of manuals and said, "Wow, did you realize these normally cost almost $250?" I just grinned and said, "Yup!" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Mark

/ shop manuals #9  
Sounds to me like your salesman did not realize this until his boss let him know about it! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ shop manuals
Thanks everyone. Thanks for the replys. My salesman said that he has to now order it from the same place a customer does(1-800 to nh) so he called while I was there and sure enough, it was a little over $200 plus shipping. They said it weighs about 6 pounds!!!. Thanks again for the quick replies. Griz.