Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #1  

RSR

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4145HC
When your dealer dropped off your tractor, did it have a full tank of gas?

Did you get a hat, or anything else?

Did those decisions change/influence your perception of your dealer?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #2  
My Kioti came with a full tank of fuel. I really appreciated that since my refueling plan was not yet sorted and I could start playing with it right away.
I did get a free hat too, though I don't generally wear them.

My dealer is a small, family owned outfit that's been in business for 50 years. They don't have pushy salesmen and they will work with you to get you whatever you need.
That alone is somewhat endearing.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #3  
My new tractor came full of diesel but I specified that when buying, also got a nice hooded sweatshirt for free I wasn’t expecting that.
My last new Yamaha motorcycle wasn’t full when I got there to pick it up so I told them every time I have bought a new Honda it came with a full tank so they agreed to fill the Yamaha.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #4  
I hope yours is diesel and not gas but I get the point...and yes, you should get a full tank of fuel. I also got several hats and some shirts as well as some other items. I bought a Kubota ZT1211 from a different dealer and they didn't want to fill it up stating some foolish liability issues that I blew off. I told them unless they filled it up they could keep it. Pretty sure they wouldn't pass on a $18,000 sale for a $100 bucks in fuel.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #5  
My Kubota arrived with a full tank of fuel as well as a spare key and a key fob. I asked about a hat and did get one though I got the impression Kubotas don't normally come with hats. My dealer is actually a manufacturer of agricultural equipment which also sells Kubota tractors. I think they have four outlets.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?
I hope yours is diesel and not gas but I get the point...and yes, you should get a full tank of fuel. I also got several hats and some shirts as well as some other items. I bought a Kubota ZT1211 from a different dealer and they didn't want to fill it up stating some foolish liability issues that I blew off. I told them unless they filled it up they could keep it. Pretty sure they wouldn't pass on a $18,000 sale for a $100 bucks in fuel.
:)

Yes, by gas I mean fuel. More specifically, diesel.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #7  
I bought my Bad Boy 4035H (rebranded Branson 3515H) from UVC Powersports in Alvin, Texas. It came with a full tank of fuel and the dealership was also extremely responsive to a small warranty issue that i encountered about 1 week later. I also received 3-4 hats when I made my purchase, a neccesity for those of us that are follicly-challenged.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #8  
Mine came with 1/4 tank of diesel but did get a nice Branson bag full of the more common tools for the tractor and a small but nice grease gun. While the tools are really cheap, I keep all of that on the tool box and it's came in handy several times, mostly to work on implements.

Merchandise is not often included with tractors on this side of the pond but due to the extreme generosity of @K5lwq and Big Tex dealer, they managed to send me two Branson hats all the way from good ol'USA.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #9  
I didn't get an merchandise but, both new tractors came with a full tank of fuel.

In my opinion, a new tractor should come with a full tank of fuel. But, I don't think it's necessary.

Mike

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #10  
full tank of diesel, a ball cap for me, a pink ball cap for my wife, and a keychain

but I already liked the dealership

they also did some (free) fabrication before delivery ... added a pedal plate for direction, a grab bar on the rops, and a step on the left side to make things easier for me (steps were not planned for the small BX23S, and not an optional accessory, so this was a design and fab)