Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #11  
Mine came with a full tank of fuel. I received two keys and two hats.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #12  
I think mine had a 5 gal jug in it, so half full, and I got a couple hats, a Kioti one and a Husqvarna, he delivered it as well. His wife and kids put on a big dealer sticker on the hood without asking him, so he apologized for that, but I've left it there. They filled the rear tires at their cost, added a second remote for cost of the parts, and sourced a hyd top link for me. The best though is he didn't just quote msrp and was the most knowledgeable sales guy/owner I talked to by far, so it made getting a Kioti the best option.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?
I guess an analogue to the first question would be, is there anyone that DIDN'T get a full tank of fuel and/or other swag?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #14  
Don't remember about the fuel, but it did come with a New Holland baseball cap.

This came in handy after the sale but before the delivery. I told Ms. SmallChange that I bought a new hat and wanted to show it to her. It helped us ease into the topic a bit less painfully.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?
Don't remember about the fuel, but it did come with a New Holland baseball cap.

This came in handy after the sale but before the delivery. I told Ms. SmallChange that I bought a new hat and wanted to show it to her. It helped us ease into the topic a bit less painfully.
Am I to understand from your post that you bought a tractor without telling your significant other?!? Wow, that is a gutsy move!

It took me 2.5 years of bringing it up before my wife was finally on board. I shudder to think what would have happened had I just bought it.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #16  
Am I to understand from your post that you bought a tractor without telling your significant other?!?
Yep, that's exactly what I did.

I have now 35 years of experience handling her input and reactions, and I don't doubt for a moment that if I involved her before making the purchase, it would have been a world of trouble. Besides, it's not like it did her any harm -- the money's separate, I paid cash, and she generally gets the things she wants. For example, I just bought and a couple weeks ago installed a greenhouse for her exclusive "she shed" use, with electricity and all. You will note the tractor did a great deal of work preparing a 14' by 8' raised level bed on our sloping land, plus gravel and flagstone in this effort, and she liked the tractor throughout the project.

It is what it is.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #17  
My LS came with about 1/2 a tank of fuel, tires filled, free labor to install the 3rd function, 3rd function kit at cost and one cap.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #18  
Recent Kubota came with a full tank but I had to remind him about the free cap. I also nodded at the two CAT1-2 conversion pins I had picked up in the showroom. No go, he grinned and nodded to the parts counter. $15. 😃

Last edited:
   / Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #19  
When your dealer dropped off your tractor, did it have a full tank of gas?

Did you get a hat, or anything else?

Did those decisions change/influence your perception of your dealer?
[responding before reading others]

Fuel: yes.
Hat: yes.
Perception:

I would expect a decent amount of fuel. Empty would be rude. Full is nice. I'd say a minimum of about a third of a tank. Personally I had a can of diesel as extra for my truck already, but if I hadn't had a diesel truck, a delivery of an empty-fuel tractor would've required a trip to the fueling station before using it.

I don't wear snapbacks, but... whatever. I'm neutral on the hat part as it stands. All else being equal, the hat wouldn't help the decision at all.
Maybe if it was a toque it would sway me by a couple bucks... but realize I literally wear nothing that's got an obvious logo on it, and that hat has a logo on it. A toque with a logo would get worn while working in the winter on my land, but not in town, that's just how I roll, so there's no point from an advertising perspective of giving me one.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #20  
As long as it wasn’t delivered running on fumes, full or only partially filled doesn’t matter. (For the record, I think mine was full, and so was my Case CTL and Deere mini ex.)

Just remember, the fuel, hats, sweatshirts, etc aren’t really free. You’re paying for them one way or another.