Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #101  
Well this is timely. I just bought my first tractor and it was delivered yesterday with an empty fuel tank (no swag either, but that part doesn't really bother me). I told the dealer I was disappointed it was delivered with no fuel in it. He said in his 20+ years experienced he's never heard of a tractor being delivered with fuel in it. I thought that was BS. Seems I was right. This has definitely impacted my opinion of the dealer.
The New Holland came with 2/3s tank of fuel loaded rears, a 3rd function kit at cost and second owner's manual and two caps. I can't imagine a tractor being delivered basically empty. The used Ford 1715 I bought 5 years in a private sale came with a full to the rim with fuel. That actually surprised me since they also delivered it at no charge.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #102  
My TYM 47 was delivered by the dealer owner with ample fuel, perhaps not full? Don't remember. He's a small town 'country' dealer, old school where a handshake is gospel. Rear tires loaded with beet juice (he wouldn't sell me the tractor w/o loaded rear wheels). And he personally delivers to ensure equipment arrives as expected. No hat but old time service from a small town dealer who's been in business for decades. The dealership is key!

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #103  
I really appreciated that since my refueling plan was not yet sorted and I could start playing with it right away.
I did get a free hat too, though I don't generally wear them.

Last edited:
   / Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #104  
It was my 1st tractor so I asked him to go over it with me. He took a leisurely 40 or 50 seconds pointing to things as he climbed off from unloading it, jumped in his truck and left. He damned near left skid marks in the driveway! I jumped on the tractor and started to drive it to the back side of the barn and it stalled out. The tank was EMPTY! The tractor literally ran for about 3 minutes before it was out of fuel!
Wow. That is shabby. I think it's debatable how much fuel they should put in the tank, and don't expect to get something for nothing. But delivering it practically empty is like slamming a door in the customer's face. Especially if it's your first tractor and you're just working things out! You might not even have owned a diesel fuel can yet!

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #105  
I did not in fact get a hat with the t494. The old ratty one will have to soldier on a while longer

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #106  
All of my tractors have come with a full tank, loaded tires, free delivery and service manuals

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #107  
I bought a Kioti DK5310SE back in April. It came with a fuel tank of diesel. Better yet they were the only ones I got a quote from that included filling the tires with RimGuard and welding hooks on the bucket. Now I did pick up myself but was also out of state. What made the deal even sweeter is when I went to pick up they told me to go over to the merch rack and take whatever I wanted. I grabbed a T shirt and picked up a heavy cotton insulated winter work jacket. I asked them if that counted too, and they said sure. It was end of season. I got some stickers, keychains couple hats (dealer hats not Kioti), and an extra key too. A bottle of touch up paint. I was pretty happy :)

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #108  
If you bought one from a dealer that just sells at the lowest price and just does volume sales, I wouldn't expect anything. But if you bought from a local dealer that needs the business, then I would expect full tank, hats, (or other small items) and free delivery. The small things add up and they are trying to keep you as a repeat customer.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #109  
If you bought one from a dealer that just sells at the lowest price and just does volume sales, I wouldn't expect anything. But if you bought from a local dealer that needs the business, then I would expect full tank, hats, (or other small items) and free delivery. The small things add up and they are trying to keep you as a repeat customer.

I bought mine from a fairly local dealer and I got a package in the mail earlier this week with this in it from Yanmar. Don't know if it came from the dealer but Yanmar came through with a little swag. Hat, a nice magnetic LED light, and a leatherman. I don't carry a leatherman but not a bad thing to throw in your glovebox.

Attachments

• PXL_20221018_225423422.jpg
    PXL_20221018_225423422.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
  • PXL_20221018_225529793 (1).jpg
    PXL_20221018_225529793 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
   / Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #110  
I bought mine from a fairly local dealer and I got a package in the mail earlier this week with this in it from Yanmar. Don't know if it came from the dealer but Yanmar came through with a little swag. Hat, a nice magnetic LED light, and a leatherman. I don't carry a leatherman but not a bad thing to throw in your glovebox.

That’s some nice swag!