Showroom Shock !

/ Showroom Shock ! #61  
While I agree that many, not necessarily most, buyers want a pre 4 tractor...many who need a tractor now probably don't care as much as you about the emissions hassle. The prices are high for all of the stuff. I cannot even get to test drive a tractor because there is nothing in stock...feels like 1960s USSR around here.

This comment just made me realize that in some ways this could actually be worse since during in the 1960's the rest of the world was still producing goods ......even if those goods were potentially difficult/expensive/illegal contraband to get into the USSR.

Still remember stories/rumors of people smuggling of blue jeans into the USSR before it's collapse.....

Contrast to now where the products may not be available anywhere..... pretty sure this is going to take a bit to correct.

/ Showroom Shock ! #62  
I stopped by my local Kubota dealer this morning for oil & filters. They are one of the largest in the northeastern US. Their large showroom, which usually has more than 2 dozen tractors on display, was mostly empty! There was one lone USED L3010 on the showroom floor with a SOLD sign on it! Their lot, which normally has close to a hundred machines available, had only about a half dozen used tractors!

On a normally busy Saturday morning there are usually 6 sales people available but this morning, there was just one! He just shook his head and shrugged when I walked into his office. When I inquired about a new flexwing finish mower, he shrugged again and said he could put me on the wait list. Right now, the wait is 8 months!

I've seen low stock periods before over the years but nothing like this! Is this happening all over or just here in the northeast?
It is in the southeast also, just bought 2021 John Deere tractor and I had to wait for it to come in from the factory. I also just leased a new car and I went to several dealerships. The lots were almost empty, several models were not in stock. One salesman told me he couldn't remember when they sold a vehicle for less than sticker price.

/ Showroom Shock !
This is getting ridiculous! I made another trip back to my Kubota dealer this morning to get a fuel filter I forgot to get on my last visit. On the way, I stopped at a local mini mart for a cup of coffee to go. There were no lids for the cups at the coffee bar. I asked the clerk and she said they were back ordered and other stores in the area can't get them either! It's tough to drink an open cup of coffee in a moving vehicle so I passed.

To add insult to injury, I got to the Kubota dealer and, you guessed it, the fuel filter was back ordered as well!

Luckily, I found a compatible filter at my local NAPA auto parts store.

Coffee cup lids?? When will it end?

/ Showroom Shock ! #65  
This situation exists with ANYTHING coming from overseas.

Everything from shoes to heavy equipment is affected. Last time I looked, there were upwards of 75 container cargo ships sitting in the Pacific waiting to be unloaded.
I can confirm! I work in the ATV industry and it really is a struggle to get ANYTHING from overseas! Fortunately most of what we use is made in the US but the stuff that isn't is anybody's guess when we get parts or even if the full order will be there. Half the time even the manufacturer's don't even know where their stuff is because it's on a boat or a dock somewhere waiting to be unloaded.

/ Showroom Shock ! #66  
This whole mess indicates just how fragile and barely managed our manufacturing systems are- you'd think that when chips became hard to get, partly because users anticipated needing less because of COVID and chip manufacturers switched to making "gaming" chips, thinking that demand would increase for those, and a major chip factory burned, it wouldn't take all that long for production of needed chips to ramp up again. I guess supply lines are not robust or resilient. I feel for all the workers who've been laid off because their production lines are slowed or stopped.

/ Showroom Shock ! #68  
I've been waiting since first week of August for replacement tractor for a totalled m7060. The dealer said maybe in 2 more weeks but almost for sure before end of October. He told me that about September in August.

/ Showroom Shock ! #69  
I just heard from my dealer that the new SVL-65 completed build on Monday and should ship this coming Monday. It is coming from the new plant in Salina, Kansas. I just hope that since they only very recently started production there that Quality Control is being extra tough. I know in my experience in manufacturing the first 6 months of a new production line had lots of eyes on it.

/ Showroom Shock ! #70  
Just in time only as good as weakest link...

I like to keep ahead at work... always have supplies for next service, etc... on hand.

Having some inventory worked out well for most things.

Early on our nearest sister factory asked for inventory of N95 masks etc... which I provided... next I heard is they were sending someone to pick up for their ER...