Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #1  

polarred21

Gold Member
Tractor
Contemplating
What minimum size trailer is needed to haul a BX series with BH and FEL ?

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #2  
Hard to say exactly.

There may be two trailers of the same deck size. If the axle placement and tongue length differ, you may get good weight distribution with one and not with the other. And if the deck is minimum length, then you can't move the tractor forward or back to adjust.

Bruce

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #3  
We have a 6x10 for our BX2660 and I wouldn't go any smaller than that.

Aaron Z

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #4  
I hauled my BX with FEL on a 6.5'x12' single axle trailer, and it worked fine. I think I remember that the tractor, MMM, and FEL weighed a little over a ton. Not sure what the BH weighs, but I am guessing you would 2500lbs. minimum. I think you should consider a tandem axle trailer, and once you get a tandem, I would recommend a 16-18' model.

Will

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #5  
You can pinch pennies, but the way to go, for a BX with a hoe, is 16 feet and a braking system. I've got a Big Tex.

Attachments

• Big Tex #1.jpg
    Big Tex #1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5,497
   / Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #6  
With BH and FEL, I'd say tandem axle 7x16 landscaper with brakes. That will give you a little extra fore/aft room to get the right balance for proper tongue weight.

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #7  
Can't speak for the hoe, but my unit with FEL and rear blade will just barely fit on a 14' trailer. I can get away with a 12' if i detach the rear blade and stow it under the fel. Just under the weight limit too with loaded tires and wheel weights. For occasional hauling I can get by with a 6x12 single axle. If I was hauling frequently or long distance it would be a 16' tandem axle without hesitation.

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #8  
A couple of things I can think of.....read and understand the load rating for the trailer, axle(s), tires, and brakes. Make sure you comply with state law. USE appropriate tie-downs! Once you are hooked up the State Police truck enforcement guys will be watching!

/ Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series #9  
Here's mine on a tandem axle 14' trailer. Bought it when I owned a BX1860. It works, but I'd recommend a 16 footer or bigger for sure. Won't have to hang the bucket off the front end and maybe can load another implement in front or back if you need to.

Attachments

• Trailering BX25 001.JPG
    Trailering BX25 001.JPG
    917 KB · Views: 4,299
  • Trailering BX25 003.jpg
    Trailering BX25 003.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 7,176
   / Size of Trailer Needed for BX Series
Many thanks guys. Really appreciate the pics and suggestions

I am currently building a 6 x (12 or 14) single axle trailer with 3500# axle but not for this specific purpose. I may build a 2nd one while my little shop is tooled up for it and make it a tandem.

Does anyone know the working weight of a BX25 with MMM? (w/BH and FEL)