Slippen and Sliden

/ Slippen and Sliden #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
This stuff is a mix of Snow and Sleet, guess it's going to be another busy night pulling people off the road into our yard again. It's suppose to come down all night long, and the temps are staying at 32 all day. As soon as I clear the drive another inch has accumulated. Am I the only one having all of this fun today?

Attachments

• PTSnow2.JPG
    PTSnow2.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 266
  • PTSnow.JPG
    PTSnow.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 228
   / Slippen and Sliden
Here’s a few more after it started to accumulate, was getting hard to keep up.

Attachments

• PTsnow3.JPG
    PTsnow3.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 194
  • PTsnow4.JPG
    PTsnow4.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 167
  • PTsnow6.JPG
    PTsnow6.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 180
   / Slippen and Sliden
A couple more.

Attachments

• PTsnow8.JPG
    PTsnow8.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 158
  • PTsnow9.JPG
    PTsnow9.JPG
    393.7 KB · Views: 152
  • PTsnow5.JPG
    PTsnow5.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 174
   / Slippen and Sliden #4  
All I plan to clear is the snow around the mailbox where VDOT plow piled it up. Need those retirement checks to be delivered.

mark

/ Slippen and Sliden #5  
That looks like fun! :)

We had a freezing rain/ice storm warning last night, so yesterday afternoon I went out and made sure the genny fired up and ran O.K. All was well. We had about a 1/2 inch accumulation of ice on the trees by 2:00a.m, but when I got up this morning it had switched to rain and washed it all away. Been raining and drizzling most of the day so far.

/ Slippen and Sliden
mjarrels said:
All I plan to clear is the snow around the mailbox where VDOT plow piled it up. Need those retirement checks to be delivered.

mark
I heard that. ;)

/ Slippen and Sliden
MossRoad said:
That looks like fun! :)

We had a freezing rain/ice storm warning last night, so yesterday afternoon I went out and made sure the genny fired up and ran O.K. All was well. We had about a 1/2 inch accumulation of ice on the trees by 2:00a.m, but when I got up this morning it had switched to rain and washed it all away. Been raining and drizzling most of the day so far.
It is now changing over to ice / rain here too. I am hoping it will do the same, and wash away the rest of this stuff tonight. I'm ready for spring.

/ Slippen and Sliden #8  
Not me. I wanted to go ice fishing a few more times this year... only got to go three times so far. What I don't want is three months of mud season. Yuk! :p

/ Slippen and Sliden
MossRoad said:
Not me. I wanted to go ice fishing a few more times this year... only got to go three times so far. What I don't want is three months of mud season. Yuk! :p
That's something I've never done. I'll bet it's a blast. You have the little hut deal / drill and all? Or just walk out drill a hole and fish.

/ Slippen and Sliden
Thought I may as well add this to the picture gallery since I'm at it. Looking out after the storm from front area of our living room, a little on the dark side, but you get the idea. Our card and Pool playing friends house to the left, he walks over and hangs out sometimes on the weekends or during bad snow storms when we get snowed in.

Attachments

• Outfront1.JPG
    Outfront1.JPG
    587.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Outfront2.JPG
    Outfront2.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Outfront3.JPG
    Outfront3.JPG
    505.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Outfront8.JPG
    Outfront8.JPG