Small improvement for L3400

/ Small improvement for L3400 #21  
Kubota is an international company. Rules for lighting on roads vary. Also upgraded features on some models. Worth looking for unused brackets or threaded holes. Sometimes part manuals show optional equipment.

On the B26 under the dash was a nice bracket with hole coming off the steering column. Don’t know the intended purpose. It was perfect for a rear motorcycle switch to connect to the parking brake linkage with no modifications.

A friend who thought his wife would still try to operate the tractor with the parking brake on, warning light on, tied into the HST pedal safety switch to shutdown the tractor if tried to move with parking brake applied.

/ Small improvement for L3400
Oldpath and others- I mounted my switch on the inside of the gray cover plate on the side of the red-knobbed lever that you push forward to engage the parking brake. Oldpath doesn't seem to have that plate on his tractor, though. I wanted something simple, and out of the wet and dirt areas. The engagement point of the lever isn't precise- it can vary a little according to how hard you have pushed the brake pedals, and the springy nature of the arm on the micro switch accommodates that nicely. All I can add is look at my photos again? The first photo shows the inside of that gray plate, off the tractor. I took some measurements to locate the switch- like I said, it doesn't have to be precise due to the springy nature.- just so the switch stays engaged when the lever is caught and the brakes are on.

/ Small improvement for L3400 #24  
IMG-5940.JPG Inkedthumbnail_IMG_0113[2]_LI.jpg

Oh your right that's what throwing me off, I dont have that grey cover plate, must be the HST difference. Anyhow I need to back up a bit, I dont want a glowing light for a brake light, I want a blinking light for a brake light, a blinking light gets my attention everytime, so now I'm back to square 1-1/2, let alone what to do about that grey cover.

I still haven't used the tractor yet, but I think the red light is bright enough I'll notice it? You can probably fabricate a bracket to hold the switch and mount it on the tunnel cover... or with a long flexy wand, stick it under the dash, since the micro switches take almost no force to actuate. With the gray cover, mine was an easy job.

/ Small improvement for L3400 #26  
I had the same problem on my first tractor. Found an easy solution - don't use the parking brake. Tip & drop the bucket/grapple and drop the rear blade. Besides - in the 38 years out here - only two or three times have I ever stoped on a slope of any significance.

/ Small improvement for L3400 #27  
I had the same problem on my first tractor. Found an easy solution - don't use the parking brake. Tip & drop the bucket/grapple and drop the rear blade. Besides - in the 38 years out here - only two or three times have I ever stoped on a slope of any significance.

On our hillside farm flat ground is a rare luxury. On our old B20 that is exactly what we did because the parking brake was so poorly designed that we ever rarely used it. Same for the seatbelt. The B26 that replaced it has many improvements like the ssqa FEL. We disconnect the bucket or grapple when mowing most of the time. Without an attachment the FEL makes a poor brake. Getting off and on for gates, limbs, etc. The parking brake handle extension and warning light solved the ergonomic design issues of the B26 for us.

/ Small improvement for L3400 #28  

But some of us have zero flat ground that we haven't bought to put a building on. Every square foot of flat ground I have, I have bought in the form of fill and the diesel fuel required to sculpt it. We have to be very careful here with parking, not only lowering of implements and bucket but making sure the parking brake is engaged each and every time. Yeah, this is NOT tractor friendly country for sure.

/ Small improvement for L3400 #29  
Lots of times in the winter my winch and bucket wont hold the tractor, that'.s where I need both tires locked up, very rare that wont keep tractor from sliding back and when on banks like what I have here, dont want the tractor moving back at all. I just wish I had blinking light on my dash to remind me I still have the blanking brakes on before moving forward, course the biggest problem is my brain wont stat caught up to my body.

"The wiser you are, the more worries you have; the more you know, the more it hurts."

Just noticed your quote, Oldpath. Ain't it the truth. Believe me, if you stick a bright enough red LED brake warning light on your dash, you'll notice it. Mine is real visible.