snapper LT200

/ snapper LT200 #1  

greenmule

Platinum Member
Going to be buying a new lawnmower but don't want to spend much more than 3,000,need about a 50 inch cut,don't want one of those zero turns.

Could go buy about what I've been buying[lowes,sears,etc],but would like to get about the best I can for that money.

The 100 series they sell of about any brand are not the best we all know,[cheap deeres,huskys,cub's they sell at homedepo,tractor supply,lowes,etc.

So,trying to get the next model up. The snapper lt200 is the next model up in snappers,but never had one. The cub gt1554 is the next model up. Not sure about the rest. Kinda thinking about the snapper,its got a 22hp briggs,the cub has a 25 hp[i think] kohler courage,heard bad things about both motors,as you will about anything.

What 3,000 or so lawn mower would you all recommend? What motor/model would you say stay away from?

/ snapper LT200
Little more searching shows this,cub-27hp kohler courage-54inch deck- model GT1554,about 3,200.

Husky-27hp b/s endurance-54 inch deck-model 2754gls,about 3,300.

Snapper-22hp b/s intek-50 inch deck-model LT200- about 3,000.

Which motor is the best?

Does mtd make both husky and cub now?

The snapper is made by simplicity which is owned by briggs[I hear]. Prices were off their web pages for husky and cub,that price on snapper is from dealer a couple weeks ago.

Looks like that is about a wide as it gets,any deere over the 100 series is over my price range,kubots site was to slow for me and my dial up,but sure a 50 inch cut one of them is over my range also,simplicitys deck I hear don't work good on rough ground and such.

Last edited: