Snow Attachments Snow blower recomendation ?

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
Probably too late too get a snow blower attachment for my Kubota L3240 for this year, but starting to look for reccomendations on the various units ?
Front mounte, rear mounter ...etc ?
Show me what you use, and let me know how it works for you...how much snow do you typically throw ?

Thanks,
BY

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #2  
I use a rear-mount.
I really like having the FEL on he tractor at the same time.
Driving backwards is more of a pain than forwards, obviously. I deal with it. Hydrostatic drive makes it easierthan it would be otherwiase.
Rear-mount is

That said, many others use front-mount.
I guess it's personal preference, but then, are you really going to try both.

I believe rear-mount tends to be cheaper.

I do know that a blower is a pretty good way to move a lot of snow off of driveways. If you have a lot of open space (parking areas, etc), it's not so good.

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #3  
Probably too late too get a snow blower attachment for my Kubota L3240 for this year, but starting to look for reccomendations on the various units ?
Show me what you use, and let me know how it works for you...how much snow do you typically throw ?

Thanks,
BY

Unless your Kubota is equipped with optional mid PTO, a front mount may be an expensive proposition. Although, I did see a couple of Erskine blowers advertised on Craigslist that were reasonably priced. Lots of good rear mount blowers to choose from. Rad/bervac blizzard seems to real popular brand around the Northeast.

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #4  
As you already know there are several possible setups. The differences are in ease of attaching, convenience of operation, and installed cost. For the storms we get in New England any setup will remove the snow, so it's really a matter of picking the arrangement that makes the most sense to you.

I've traveled that road. For a few years I had a rear-mount, single-stage, pull-forward. Then I moved to a rear-mount, 2-stage, back-up. Next came a front-mount, driven from the rear pto. These days I'm still using a front-mount, but a wider one. In my situation a front-mounted blower works out best.

The newer hydraulically driven units that attach to a front QA plate look fast to put on. There's also a wet kit to attach so I don't know how long it takes to be blowing snow. Hydraulic blowers are spendy unless you already have high-flow hydraulics (like skid-steers)

If your L3240 has a mid pto, a Kubota front-mount might be worth a look. Or, to keep the cost down, you could get a used 5' or 6' rear-mount and try it out a few winters.

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #5  
   / Snow blower recomendation ? #6  
There's a reasonably priced Erskine in the TBN Classifieds too :thumbsup:

Yes, yours was one of the ones I saw on CL! That looks like one heck of a nice machine and at a good price too for someone looking for an Erskine front mount blower. I was very tempted :D

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #7  

Thanks,
BY

Kubota front mount for me. Made to fit and works very well

/ Snow blower recomendation ?
Ok...thanks for the replies, I neglected to mention that my driveway is 700 foot hardpack gravel. I would like to keep the FEL on while also having the snow blower attached. I only have the rear PTO, but have extra hydraulics up front, and in the rear. Right now I'm leaning towards the rear mounted 3PT hitch type of snow blower, would probably work the best for my situation.
Also think I might benefit with some tire chains, have a slope at the road, and tractor tends to slide on that slope.

I'll do some more research on the various brands available.

/ Snow blower recomendation ? #9  
I just got a Bervac 48" rear mounted delivered this past Saturday for my little Kubota 2320. From my understanding Bervac's are made by RAD which makes them for other companies including Kubota.

I like have the FEL on to shove some piles around or to break down some of the icier stuff along the street. Honestly though, this little unit didn't have a problem chewing through most of the mixed ice/slush/snow at the end of the driveway and along the street. We can now look both ways coming out of the driveway!

I have an 800 foot long gravel driveway. Packed pretty good, soft in the spring though.

But now that I have one, I'm sure we won't get any more significant snow =P

Attachments

• Snowblowing.jpg
    Snowblowing.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 339
   / Snow blower recomendation ?
I just got a Bervac 48" rear mounted delivered this past Saturday for my little Kubota 2320. From my understanding Bervac's are made by RAD which makes them for other companies including Kubota.

I like have the FEL on to shove some piles around or to break down some of the icier stuff along the street. Honestly though, this little unit didn't have a problem chewing through most of the mixed ice/slush/snow at the end of the driveway and along the street. We can now look both ways coming out of the driveway!

I have an 800 foot long gravel driveway. Packed pretty good, soft in the spring though.

But now that I have one, I'm sure we won't get any more significant snow =P

Looks good Dubeast,
what type of shoot control does this unit have..? Manual ?

BY