SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED)

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED)
Here is the original photo of my dad and I on the Jacobsen tractor ... 1966. I'm not quite 2 yrs old.
105389816_10159113406410649_3731522404120326769_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED) #12  
Safely tucked away at my friend's place. It looks to be Larger than I anticipated (yay), and she says that it is loud (yay ?) and hums nicely.
View attachment 700569this is the second photo that I have (tire chains are on the seat)
Safely tucked away at my friend's place. It looks to be Larger than I anticipated (yay), and she says that it is loud (yay ?) and hums nicely.
View attachment 700569this is the second photo that I have (tire chains are on the seat)
Glad see her! & that she has arrived,So I guess the 1st part You'll be looking for is the grille piece ! Shouldn't be to hard with the help of TBN members! Thanks for the pictures.

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED) #14  
Here is the original photo of my dad and I on the Jacobsen tractor ... 1966. I'm not quite 2 yrs old.
View attachment 700570
Hey scaredychicken !I think I already found a good parts source for your 1969 Jacobsen Garden Tractor on E-bay I saw 2 front grills 1 for $24.00 & the other $ 25.50 also E-bay there is a link to Indiana Lawn Mower Parts & Accessories I visited this site a couple of weeks ago this has to be the largest riding mower yard in the world & it is organized in order of manufacture;)! The site was on You Tube! You need to check it out & it's incredible:)!& I also noticed on the same platform the following manufactures used allot of the same sheet metal Ford,M.M., & Oliver! Happy hunting & I would recommend this site to any other TBM members to view this site for there vintage Garden tractors or riding mowers part needs & they even sell complete used equipment(y).

Hey scaredychicken !I think I already found a good parts source for your 1969 Jacobsen Garden Tractor on E-bay I saw 2 front grills 1 for $24.00 & the other $ 25.50 also E-bay there is a link to Indiana Lawn Mower Parts & Accessories I visited this site a couple of weeks ago this has to be the largest riding mower yard in the world & it is organized in order of manufacture;)! The site was on You Tube! You need to check it out & it's incredible:)!& I also noticed on the same platform the following manufactures used allot of the same sheet metal Ford,M.M., & Oliver! Happy hunting & I would recommend this site to any other TBM members to view this site for there vintage Garden tractors or riding mowers part needs & they even sell complete used equipment(y).
That is AWESOME, I will check it out.

I'm getting that much closer to getting it home. I think that I will end up picking it up (6 hr drive 1 way) over the summer. Initial plan was that it would be delivered to me by a friend. Hoping it will fit in the bed of my truck, with the canopy on it... I might need to deflate the tires a bit.

Really trying to avoid a truck and trailer return trip, as I will be staying in 2 large cities, over several days.

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED) #17  
Very nice, those are excellent tractors in their own right, the sentimental value puts it way over thbote top.
My father also passed when I was twenty. Ford had their garden tractors made by Jacobson, available in gear or hydrostat. Dad (employed at Ford Tractor) brought one home one evening for me to mow with, I was in hog heaven..to me they have always been the best.
I will be following your restoration.

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED) #18  
I'm getting that much closer to getting it home. I think that I will end up picking it up (6 hr drive 1 way) over the summer. Initial plan was that it would be delivered to me by a friend. Hoping it will fit in the bed of my truck, with the canopy on it... I might need to deflate the tires a bit.

Really trying to avoid a truck and trailer return trip, as I will be staying in 2 large cities, over several days.
Good-Luck.png

/ SO EXCITED ... and perhaps a bit sentimental (UPDATED) #19  
Congratulations! Glad you found one that is a cool machine I have never seen one like that before should
be a fun build up.

Dave

I haven't seen it yet either - hope to bring it home in the next few weeks. Just sent my truck and canopy measurements, so that we can figure out if it will fit in the box, under the canopy.

Then to find a mower deck