so kubota insurance gave me a new bucket for my M59

/ so kubota insurance gave me a new bucket for my M59 #11  
"Just because it will do it doesn't seem reason enough to stress things."

We need a paycheck.

Hershey, that's a powerful statement. Not many things in the last few decades have caused me to pause and think like what you just wrote.

It reminded me of when I was in my 20s and doing manual day labor with a bunch of other men. One day the boss came over and said something like, " You're certainly a hard working guy. You're a self-starter, you do good work and you get a lot done." and I said, "thanks", and he just sort of shook his head as he walked away and said I'd missed the point .

I've thought about him and what he said to me a lot since that time. It's taken half a century, but I think some understanding is beginning to creep in through the cracks.
rScotty

/ so kubota insurance gave me a new bucket for my M59 #12  
Hershey, that's a powerful statement. Not many things in the last few decades have caused me to pause and think like what you just wrote.

It reminded me of when I was in my 20s and doing manual day labor with a bunch of other men. One day the boss came over and said something like, " You're certainly a hard working guy. You're a self-starter, you do good work and you get a lot done." and I said, "thanks", and he just sort of shook his head as he walked away and said I'd missed the point .

I've thought about him and what he said to me a lot since that time. It's taken half a century, but I think some understanding is beginning to creep in through the cracks.
rScotty

Sounds like the boss was telling you that you're lazy. Don't take it the wrong way but that's what it sounds like to me.

The unfinished welds on his bucket seem like a weak link.

Fred

/ so kubota insurance gave me a new bucket for my M59 #13  
Sounds like the boss was telling you that you're lazy. Don't take it the wrong way but that's what it sounds like to me.
The unfinished welds on his bucket seem like a weak link.
Fred

Yeah, that's real close to the conclusion I came to as well. You put it differently than I would have, but it's about the same. It took me a long time to figure out that the boss was saying I was doing most of the physical work but leaving him to take the responsibility. Even if it wasn't quite the same thing as being physically lazy, it came down to pretty much the same thing. So I changed it & started working for myself. Much nicer for both of us.

Around the teeth on the edge of the bucket lip I agree. But on the curve of the bucket I see those welds as being "interrupted" instead of "unfinished". Interrupting those welds makes a space between the beads where the unwelded part can work like a spring to soak up the stresses between those two pieces of steel. Stitch welding.
rScotty

/ so kubota insurance gave me a new bucket for my M59 #14  
Yeah, that's real close to the conclusion I came to as well. You put it differently than I would have, but it's about the same. It took me a long time to figure out that the boss was saying I was doing most of the physical work but leaving him to take the responsibility. Even if it wasn't quite the same thing as being physically lazy, it came down to pretty much the same thing. So I changed it & started working for myself. Much nicer for both of us.

Around the teeth on the edge of the bucket lip I agree. But on the curve of the bucket I see those welds as being "interrupted" instead of "unfinished". Interrupting those welds makes a space between the beads where the unwelded part can work like a spring to soak up the stresses between those two pieces of steel. Stitch welding.
rScotty

Well I thought the Boss's point was you have a good work ethic that will take you a long way - why are you doing all this manual labor - work smarter, not harder...