So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter ....

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM

Washington Teen Saves Pilot After Helicopter Crashed on Top of His Tractor: 'Saw it Last Second'

www.msn.com.ico
People on MSN.com|54 minutes ago
A teenager in Washington state found himself in a precarious situation when a helicopter crashed down onto the tractor he was driving for his job at a cherry orchard. Last week, Logan Schneider had been busy "blowing cherries" — a process to dry-off the fruits following a recent rain, ...

A helicopter crashed on a tractor. Its operator saved the pilot.

www.seattletimes.com.ico
Seattle Times|1 hour ago
Logan Schneider, 19, was operating a tractor in Wenatchee when a helicopter fell on him. Then he heard the pilot's screams and saw him trapped upside down, surrounded by fire.

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #2  
Crazy, this is why I don't wear noise cancelling things while operating equipment. You should wear muffs so you can at least hear faintly what's operating.

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #3  
Holy shi... that's absolutely insane, one in a million, glad the young man was apparently the right person in the right place.

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #4  
Crazy, this is why I don't wear noise cancelling things while operating equipment. You should wear muffs so you can at least hear faintly what's operating.
I don't wear noise cancelling headphones either.

Once, I had a friend who thought it was funny to come up right behind me in his helicopter, while I was mowing. I only noticed he was there, when his shadow overtook me and I turned around to see what was going on. There wouldn't have been enough time for me to do anything to get out of the way at that point if I had to.

Also, a helicopter in a powerless decent, (an auto rotation), makes very little noise, so it would be even harder to detect.

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #5  
That is one highly unusual incident. The kid was just very lucky. The closest to any "noise canceling" equipment that I might be wearing - my stocking cap during winter snow plowing.

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #6  
Great reaction from the 19 year old. Think I could give him a pay raise. And a metal.(of some kind).

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #7  
Yikes!

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #8  
Wow, no kidding yikes!
That's just down the river from Wenatchee.

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #9  
And the 19 year old says the most amazing thing was that he and the helicopter pilot had the same birthday….

That‘s about a 1 in 365 chance.

What are the odds of getting hit by a helicopter while on a tractor in a cherry orchard?

What are the odds of getting hit by a helicopter and surviving?

Again, I say YIKES! 🙃

/ So, you're doing your tractor thing in a cherry orchard and there's this helicopter .... #10  
What are the odds of getting hit by a helicopter while on a tractor in a cherry orchard?

What are the odds of getting hit by a helicopter and surviving?
I tried to get an answer to your questions but alas; Google doesn't know and tried to send me down a different rabbit hole.

Where's Jeeves when you need him? :D