Sold on Seafoam

/ Sold on Seafoam #12  
I have had luck with Seafoam. I look at it as a last resort before taking a carb apart. 50 to 1 is the ratio. I either use the little bottles that make a gallon or carefully measure it out. I don’t think a small amount of Seafoam is going to mess that up.

/ Sold on Seafoam #13  
Maybe it's already been mentioned above but using ethanol free fuel will help as well. It's harder to find, but much easier on carbureted engines and reduces the need for things like Seafoam.

/ Sold on Seafoam
Maybe it's already been mentioned above but using ethanol free fuel will help as well. It's harder to find, but much easier on carbureted engines and reduces the need for things like Seafoam.
That's all I use in my small engines and backhoe. Since I started using the ethanol free stuff I have way fewer fuel related problems in my small engines. In fact, the only problem I have had in years is the Stihl chainsaw. I was surprised it started having trouble idling. I wonder if the problem was from using some store brand 2-stroke oil. I always use the good stuff but I used some of my son's gas mix and I suspect he used the cheapest stuff he could find because he is even cheaper than me.
Eric

/ Sold on Seafoam
Seafom is basically Stoddard solvent and mineral spirts and it is a good solvent., but a tad over priced.
It must be more than Stoddard solvent and mineral spirits because of its high viscosity. It is kind of expensive but for how fast it worked in my saw and how much trouble it saved me it was worth it to me. In any case I am very happy with it.
Eric

/ Sold on Seafoam #17  
I've used ethanoled gas in my chainsaw since it became available, never had a problem with it in the saw. I live in a very humid marine climate that doesn't get very cold in the winter, so that might affect how the gas acts in the saw.

/ Sold on Seafoam #18  
I've used ethanoled gas in my chainsaw since it became available, never had a problem with it in the saw. I live in a very humid marine climate that doesn't get very cold in the winter, so that might affect how the gas acts in the saw.
I'll use non-E gas for mix when I have it, but if I don't no big deal. I have a couple things that seem to run better on non-E but most equipment doesn't seem to care.

/ Sold on Seafoam #19  
Ive used Seafoam, but have equal luck using ATF in the gasoline. It must be Mercon/Dexron III as it has a gritty texture.

/ Sold on Seafoam #20  
I put Seafoam in my mower when I put it to bed for the winter. I fill the tank plum to the top with non ethanol 93 octane and mix in some Sea-foam. High octane non ethanol is everywhere around me due to being close to a large lake and two rivers. Most folks run non ethanol in their boat motors so most of the stations sell 91 or 93 non ethanol plus that is all is use in my 2 stroke engines. I also dump in a can of Seafoam in my suv about every 6 months.