Some of my deer pics

/ Some of my deer pics #21  
We see deer on our property almost very day. I really enjoy seeing them...my dogs..not so much. I r member when I had first bought the land and I was walking the woods to figure out where to place the house. I stopped and when hen I looked down I saw a new born baby deer that was probably just hours old. It was curled up in a small ball and I thought it was dead, but I th n saw it's belly move as it was breathing and its eyes blink. .. I'm sure mom was somewhere just a few feet away watching over.

/ Some of my deer pics #22  
IMG_2374.JPG

/ Some of my deer pics #23  
Deercrop_20200710-055629-0 (3).jpgThis one sometimes sleeps under our back stairs.

/ Some of my deer pics #25  
I guess when I first visited this thread, I expected to see at least one picture of a lot of frozen packages wrapped in white paper labeled "rump roast", "Steaks", etc. While I have no objection to hunting deer, and in fact support it..they need to be thinned in my area big time...and I have eaten a lot of venison...I don't think in my mature years...absent very hard times... that I could bring myself to shoot "Bambi".

/ Some of my deer pics #26  
I guess when I first visited this thread, I expected to see at least one picture of a lot of frozen packages wrapped in white paper labeled "rump roast", "Steaks", etc. While I have no objection to hunting deer, and in fact support it..they need to be thinned in my area big time...and I have eaten a lot of venison...I don't think in my mature years...absent very hard times... that I could bring myself to shoot "Bambi".

I'm with you Dennis. I hunted for food when raising a family. Now that need is gone. My Sons still hunt. They are a few years away from stopping. Youngest Son enjoys the "hunt" and only kills for food. He's an excellent hunter and really enjoys being amongst wildlife disguised. He can grunt or blow like a Deer. Can do Turkey clucks and gobbles that fool the experts (turkeys). Couple years ago he had a Bobcat stalking him while he was "rattling" horns and moving toward his tree stand. Had to wave his arms at the Bobcat to keep it from trying to climb up the tree he was in. He sure was excited telling the story!!!

/ Some of my deer pics #27  
Past 4 weeks or so we have had a mother deer and 2 fawns in our yard/driveway every day. I see them early in the morning and sometimes late in the afternoon. The mother is very patient when we drive by. she will stand still almost all the time until we pass her. Im sure the little ones are not far away but just out of sight. Its cool watching how fast they grow

/ Some of my deer pics #28  
I'm with you Dennis. I hunted for food when raising a family. Now that need is gone. My Sons still hunt. They are a few years away from stopping. Youngest Son enjoys the "hunt" and only kills for food. He's an excellent hunter and really enjoys being amongst wildlife disguised. He can grunt or blow like a Deer. Can do Turkey clucks and gobbles that fool the experts (turkeys). Couple years ago he had a Bobcat stalking him while he was "rattling" horns and moving toward his tree stand. Had to wave his arms at the Bobcat to keep it from trying to climb up the tree he was in. He sure was excited telling the story!!!

That's great! Everyone should have a passion, and the outdoors was one of mine for a long time. The bobcat story reminds me of the time we were trying to call in some coyotes with a wounded rabbit call; we about lost our scalps to the biggest owl I have ever seen!

/ Some of my deer pics #29  
That's great! Everyone should have a passion, and the outdoors was one of mine for a long time. The bobcat story reminds me of the time we were trying to call in some coyotes with a wounded rabbit call; we about lost our scalps to the biggest owl I have ever seen!

A hunter in our neighborhood was setting under a camo net calling in turkeys and got jumped on by a Bobcat!!!! He said it was a life changing moment!!!

/ Some of my deer pics #30  
Look closely. How many deer are in this picture?How many.jpg