South West Virginia

/ South West Virginia #31  
At around 5 miles north of Bruceton Mills I'm not far from where you lived then Sigarms.

/ South West Virginia
At around 5 miles north of Bruceton Mills I'm not far from where you lived then Sigarms.
If they still have that ONE trailer in Bruceton Mills next to the horse pasture, that's were I used to live:)

Favorite place to live really. Some the East Coast's best whitewater right out the back door.

Last edited:
   / South West Virginia #33  
Hmm I'm not sure where the horse pasture is in Bruceton?

You sure got in some nice paddling that day.

We paddle down from Clifton to Bruceton a few times a year, I enjoy just paddling also around the pond on Summer evenings.

This image is from my drone two Summers back.

I get down to your nice neck of the woods a few times a year when I camp where 58 crosses the BRP.

/ South West Virginia #34  

I stop there on occasion. Have eaten at the Mill Place.

Was driving thru friendsville when the big derecho came thru a few years ago that knocked out power all over the east coast.
I got off and parked under the interstate bridge for awhile.

Around 2013 dropped my youngest at scout camp just over the PA line from there, camp heritage. Only summer camp I did not attend with my boys.

Last edited:
   / South West Virginia #36  
I had to laugh... I texted my buddy from WV who is now living in NC, and told him you couldn't tell the difference if you were driving in WV or rural Vermont....
Thats funny, it does look like vermont (aside from what would be a real lack of snow in mid janurary).

/ South West Virginia #37  
I stop there on occasion. Have eaten at the Mill Place......
I'm not sure if the Mill Place is still in operation or not? Directly across is now our own country Walmart (Dollar General). And nearby Haines Meats which is Haines Farms retail outlet. Other than this not much has changed.

/ South West Virginia
Thats funny, it does look like vermont (aside from what would be a real lack of snow in mid janurary).
Drive on a very rural road in Maine, Vermont, NY, Pa, WV, MD, NC, SC (western SC LOL), TN or Georgia, and I'd wager that if you didn't know what state you're in, you'd have a hard time guessing where you're at, and if you've driven in any of those states on rural roads, you could actually think you were in the state you're familiar with, when in fact you aren't.

When we went up to Vermont as a family and my wife had to work "on site" (she's a local Vermonter), when I got lost on a rural gravel road, I could of swore we could have been in NC and even commented that to the boys.

What I've found is that no matter where you are at, as long as you treat people with respect and kindness, in general, you will get the same in return, even with strangers in a strange place. You can be in some pretty scary places (very long story in WV LOL), but at long as you can admit you were an idiot and ask for forgiveness, you'd be surprised what kind of friends you can make.

Two seasons I've never really experienced down south however are mud season and black fly season🤣

Last edited: