Speaking Of Digital Cameras...

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Now that the year 2001 is winding down and the number of picture posts is ramping up, I am curious about the role TBN has played in the digital camera market.

How many of you folks out there purchased a digital camera since the beginning of the year?

How many did so with TBN as at least one motivating factor? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #2  
Nope sorry Harv. I had mine for my business but sure comes in handy for TBN.

They sure are great though. Mine is now over 2 years old and I already want to update.

I guess I can chuck it in that box of old software, mobile phones etc.!

Cheers

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #3  
Harv
I'm one of those influenced by TBN. Olympus D 490 Zoom. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Lots of tractor, tractor projects, boat, zoo, fishing, wedding, and family pictures loaded onto CD's. Someday I'll get time to sort them all out. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif The one best use I have found for my camera was taking pictures of machine problems I encounter on my job. One picture is worth a thousand or more words. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #4  
Harv,

I bought my Fuji FinePix 6900Z this year, but it was bought before I found TBN. I really love it, more than any 35mm film camera I have ever owned.

Dave "Gatorboy" Hoffmann

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #5  
I bought a digital camera for my wife for Christmas. We currently have a Minolta X700 35mm SLR for nice stuff, a Kodak cheapy 35mm for runing around, a cheapy APS for the 8 year old(who, by the way, has been taking great pictures since she was 3!), and several other 110, 126 and disc(remember those) cameras. I have been scanning prints for a long time and transferring them to CD. The average cost of getting a roll of 24 exposure 35mm film developed and printed at a good camera shop here in town is about $8.50. The digital camera will put a big dent in this. And if I want nice prints, I can take it in on CD, floppy or flash memory and they can print it nice for me. And yes, I wanted to post some pictures on TBN, and my family's web site, withing minutes of taking them, VS days of waiting for film to get processed.

<font color=green> MossRoad </font color=green>
18-85239-int2500b.jpg

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #6  
Harv, you can count me. Got one back in Jan. A Fugi FinePic 2400. Before that didn't even think about digital cameras.

For a long time I enjoyed using a 35MM Pentax 105Zoom.
Haven't used it since. Still has an unfinished roll of film in it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Can't beat taking a photo and quickly seeing the results

Of course the Folks back home can do that too. Polaroid SX-70 Camera./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #7  
Harv, I bought mine Jan. 17 of this year, and yes, TBN had quite an influence, particularly one California feller on here who does interesting things with pictures and graphics./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #8  
Yep, TBN influenced me too.

I had been toying with buying one for a couple of years, but had been putting it off.

Now let me see.... one toothbar; extra lights; fuel additives; toolbox; chains - for general work and tire chains; various hooks and other oddities; compressor and air tools; and camera. I better stop.... the register tape is getting long and EXPENSIVE.

TBN - an influence. Nah!!!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Terry

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #9  
Harv,

Well, TBN was certainly a factor, but not the only one. We got the DC4800 about June or July. First thing I used it on was recording a restoration project in Yosemite. Second thing was TBN. We've recorded a number of other things too.

Archiving all the pix on CD is the bees knees. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The GlueGuy

/ Speaking Of Digital Cameras... #10  
Just bought a Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom. I don't own a tractor to make the subject of pictures - yet.