SPRING RIGHT?????

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
APRIL 8 has been down into the low 20"s for the last 4 days, snows every night and snowing now ! what happened to GLOBAL WARMING? I AM DEPRESSED:( BLASTED groudn is so wet i could grow rice.:eek:

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #2  
frank_f15 said:
APRIL 8 has been down into the low 20"s for the last 4 days, snows every night and snowing now ! what happened to GLOBAL WARMING? I AM DEPRESSED:( BLASTED groudn is so wet i could grow rice.:eek:

Afternoon Frank,
Yep, unbelievable !!! I been runnin the woodstove but only a couple more days of wood left ! :( :confused: May have to start burnin next years wood !:)

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #3  
It's been down into the teens here in Kansas at night as well, don't feel like the lone ranger up there in the northeast............we feel your pain too!:)

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #4  
Ditto the lone ranger comment. This is LA, Lower Alabama, Podunk...just 35 miles from the Nortwest Florida state line. Last week it was hotter than a hayloft and this morning it was 33 degrees. Yesterday morning was in the 30's too, but can't remember the exact temp. This weather is crazy, but in talking to my grandmother yesterday, she said it wasn't abnormal to get a "final" cold snap around Easter.

I had to cover up tomato plants to keep them from departing from the living.

Yeah, I laugh about the "global warming" hype. It's just a mother nature natural correction, just like the stock market...corrections WILL happen.

Podunk

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #5  
Podunkadunk said:
Yeah, I laugh about the "global warming" hype.

It's funny about the global warming thing...because now they are saying that all the snow is the result of global warming because "hot spots" are created in certain areas which cause "cold spots" to occur in other areas. I guess global warming can explain it all. Very convenient. Sounds a lot like a sales pitch.

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #6  
I hear you Frank...by the looks of things when it does finally warm up and dry out,we'll have enough time to rake the leaves and put driveway makers into place before first snow storm....strange weather indeed. :(

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #7  
Heck, We had 3" of snow in Eastern Central Texas on Saturday. The problem with that is that in 26 years, I've NEVER SEEN snow at my place. Flurries, ice, but no accumulative snow. It was a scramble to try to save all my plants. Our last freeze is supposed to be mid march. The difference with snow here is it was all gone by 11AM.

I always wished it would snow, just not in April.

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #8  
Podunkadunk said:
... This weather is crazy, but in talking to my grandmother yesterday, she said it wasn't abnormal to get a "final" cold snap around Easter.

Our average last freeze date is 4/15. So we are a bit early on the last freeze. :D

We planted some carrots a few weeks ago. They looked like they where just about to pop up. Not sure what happened to them....:eek:

The wife's family down east had a "blizzard" when the front went through Friday night. They had a couple inches on the ground that quickly melted.

We started up the wood stove on Friday and it looks like it will be burning for another couple days. I had to bring some wood back up to the house. Thankfully we have a good cord left and most of that will get used next season.

Later,
Dan

/ SPRING RIGHT?????
just AN UPDATE . the weather still stinks

/ SPRING RIGHT????? #10  
frank_f15 said:
just AN UPDATE . the weather still stinks

Mornin Frank,
If you havent listened to the weather, guess what, yep you got it ;) more snow on the way ! ;) :)