SSQ Bucket falls off

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #1  

Atchuuu

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HSTC
The SSQA bucket on my Kubota wont stay on when I put any back pressure on the bucket. The bucket doesn't appear to be bent or damaged. The loader arms don't look damaged.
I'm thinking that the metal slot the locking rod goes into is bent some OR the locking rod is sliding up under pressure and popping out of the slot. Anyone experience this issue. Any recommendations?

Here are a couple of photos of the bucket.

Attachments

• Bucket 4.JPG
    Bucket 4.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 678
  • Bucket 1.JPG
    Bucket 1.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 676
  • Bucket 2.JPG
    Bucket 2.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 677
  • Bucket 3.JPG
    Bucket 3.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 727
   / SSQ Bucket falls off #2  
Does your pin go fully into the slot beyond the beveled end when the bucket is mounted? On my MX 5200 I have had the bucket pins not seat properly because there was a tiny bit of dirt some where that kept the loader frame from fully engaging the bucket. Your pictures do not show what lies underneath the top piece above the pin slot? Is your bucket or loader portion of SSQA warped in any way? It probably is something very simple that is keeping all of the pieces from seating properly..W.Jones

/ SSQ Bucket falls off
The pins do not go in all the way. The pins are tapered at the end and go only part of the way into the tab/slot shown above. I don't think they can go in any further. I don't really know if the SSQA bracket can go into the top of slot or not.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #4  
I have had to jump up and down in the bucket to get it to go up against the quick attach all the way. It will act like it’s on all the way but the pins don’t go down all the way. I do it as habit when I swap from the hay spear to the bucket and it always latches correctly.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off
I'm starting to wonder if maybe I greased the pins too much. They were hard to operate originally but I never had a problem with the bucket falling off. Today it happened 7 or 8 times. Thinking that maybe the pins are too free to move and partially backing out. I will have to try anchoring the handles next time to see if that solve the issue.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #6  
When the handles go down it puts spring pressure over center on the pins. Grease shouldn’t make them pop back up unless the are not locked down all of the way. Can you post pictures of the quick attach hooked to the bucket. It looks like the pins aren’t latching down all the way. The circle part of the pin should almost be at top of the bottom plate so there would be alittle or any wiggle room. The taped part of the shaft should stick out below the plate about an in or more. From the first pictures you posted it looks like the pins are going in their hole alittle or they are hitting the plate instead of going in the hole. If the last is the case, hopping on the bucket lip or lifting the bucket with a load of dirt in it would help to get the pins seated.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #7  
Show us a picture of the bucket mounted like this. There should be no gap where the 3 arrows are especially between the tapered part of the pin and the bucket catch and between the slanted part of the SSQA plate and the bucket catch. Grease shouldn't hurt unless it is full ot trash it picked up.

P1160941_1.jpg

gg

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #8  
sounds like the pins are not going in far enough to get past the hole and are sitting/riding on the back edge of the slot/taper portion of the pin so they will pop right out in that case - had this on my skidsteer quite a few times over the years, in my case each and every time, there was dirt somewhere that was keeping it from getting into position whether in the pin slot, pin lock arm binding pin, pin slot on QA, dirt up under the top lip of bucket, plenty of places to look for dirt ;-)

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #9  
It should make no difference how much grease is on anything. The linkages should go over top-dead-center when you flip them the whole way. That alone should not allow anything to push the pins back up.

/ SSQ Bucket falls off #10  
The slots where the QA pins seat look like there is some wear or something different about the rest of the slot. I am wondering if that area is starting to show taper wear and when you put down pressure on the bucket it is allowing the pins to wedge out.