Starter parts y380t

/ Starter parts y380t #1  

v8crazy

Tractor
Farmpro 2024
Does anyone know of a place to get starter parts. I am looking for the rear starter housing brass bushing/bearing for 2005 Farmpro 2420
Thanks

/ Starter parts y380t #2  
Have you checked with a Jinma dealer? There are several good ones online. Ranchhandsupply is probably nearest to you. Also Affordabletractor and circlegtractor come to mind. You may have to buy an entire end plate to get a new bushing.
What engine do you have? The dealer will need to know.
Most online catalogs only show complete replacement starters, no internal components.
If possible, I would look for a local repair shop that does starters. Some NAPA stores will work on starters or alternators. Other local automotive stores in your area may be a good place to start.
Failing that, I would see if I could press out the old bushing and then check with a bearing supply house to see if they have one or can at least order one. You are more likely to get the correct size this way because even the same starter number may have different internal components from one starter to another. When the manufacturer is not selling internal components they are less likely to be concerned about design changes as long as the finished product will bolt up.

/ Starter parts y380t #3  
What you want is a sintered bronze (Oilite) bushing. If you can't find one at a dealer, check here (you'll need to know the size you want - remove the old one).

You can always have a machine shop whip one out too.

Noteworthy: Your Farm Pro tractor is a Jinma, and Jinma doesn't build engines. So it might be helpful to look on the engine nameplate to get the name and model number.

/ Starter parts y380t
Yes I should have put more tractor info. It has the Yangdong Y380T engine. The starter started making a weird grinding sound. I disassembled the starter and I could see where the armature was making contact with the field coils. I was hoping I could just buy one before I fired up the lathe because it needs a new chuck and I don't have any Oilite stock. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2038as.jpg
    IMG_2038as.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 72
   / Starter parts y380t #5  
Yep, that's a goner. The reason for asking about the engine is that these tractors may not always have the same engine, and there isn't model years like automobiles. Different engines will oftentimes have different starters, also why serial numbers are important. Not all tractor owners are mechanically bent and adept with tools, so may just choose to replace rather than repair.