Steel Cutting Chop Saw

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #21  

Skeletor

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1725mb
I have had a Dewalt abrasive chop saw for over 10 years. No issues with it at all. I just keep a spare disc around. That reminds me I used my spare disc I need to get a new one. I did have one explode and bounce off my face one time haha. That didn’t turn out too bad I just had a couple small cuts.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #22  

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
I have 2 of the Evolution saws the 10" hand held and a 14" cutoff one.
They both work very well.
I have over worked the 10". We had to replace the finger sections in an ag bagger that was some 3/4" plate,
we cut the plate and the weld to remove the sections, we did 2 saw passes maybe an 1/8" apart to remove the originals.
I've only used the 14" cutoff once so far but it worked quite well.
Amazing to cut 3/8" flat stock and then being able to pick up the fresh cut pieces and not burn yourself.
A nice clean cut straight and square with no heat buildup in the material.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #23  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853, Talon and Mule Pro
I bought one about 2 years ago - very glad I got it. Works perfectly, and is quick and accurate. I would buy it again.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw
OP
Red Horse

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Lou and Code 54...which model? There currently are two..one has a stamped deck and the other is cast and with a bit more of a detent system to set for angles...at a premium of $100.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #25  

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
My cutoff saw is the EVOSAW 380, I'll have to check my other one when I out and about the farm.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #26  

Doughknob

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere X500, Bobcat CT4045
I have had a Dewalt abrasive chop saw for over 10 years. No issues with it at all. I just keep a spare disc around. That reminds me I used my spare disc I need to get a new one. I did have one explode and bounce off my face one time haha. That didn’t turn out too bad I just had a couple small cuts.

You hit on a good point - the blades make a big difference. (At least for abrasive blades). I like the Everett abrasive blades; cut fast and never an issue with one.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #27  

Ferpen

Tractor
Kubota L3901HST
Where I work I had the shop (CNC machine shop) buy the Evolution S355 CPSL 14 inch saw with the appropriate blades for cutting stainless steel (300, 400, 17-4). They've been using it heavily for about a year and they like it better than the band saw and the cold saw.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw #28  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D, Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853, Talon and Mule Pro
14" stamped deck - I only use it for hobby work and stuff around the house, but I can't say it has given me any problems at all. It works really well and is 100x better than abrasive blade saws.

/ Steel Cutting Chop Saw
OP
Red Horse

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Guys,

Thank you all for your opinions. As always, TBN is the best site when you need a lot of different views. I ended up ordering the Evo 380. More money than I wanted to spend but figured maybe one of my grandsons will appreciate it some day.