Steep snow performance of Toolcat 5600?

/ Steep snow performance of Toolcat 5600? #31  

tacticalturnip

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST
I've never seen a Toolcat in person, I've got to say I enjoy living vicariously through others that have them lol.

Good thread, regularly updated, and it's good to see how well the TC is working for you!

/ Steep snow performance of Toolcat 5600? #34  

Cycledude

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4155, Ford 6610, Ford 8n
This is better.

Guided by this discussion, I bought three 6" bolt-on Edge Tamers, and mounted them on the cutting edge of my blower. Each one installs by simply replacing one of the OEM cutting edge mounting bolts with the longer bolt provided with the Edge Tamer. The edge tamer gives the blower a steel ski to ride on and raises the cutting edge ~3/4" off the ground.

I gave it a quick try, clearing a road we hadn't yet opened this winter, blowing through about a foot of frozen, settled snow going uphill. They seem to do their job, allowing me to apply a lot of down-pressure on the blower to cut through the ice, but (mostly) preventing me from blowing dirt. TBD if they take away too much bite in tough conditions, but I think they'll be great.

I need another big storm to truly test these out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

View attachment 733490View attachment 733491View attachment 733492View attachment 733511
Seems like a great idea, I just might try using EdgeTamers on my 72 inch rear three point hookup snow blower this winter.

Last edited: