Stihl blower spark arrestor.

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #11  
That's good info. I'll try to remember it.
I would have never suspected a spark arrestor to cause a problem.
I thought they just rusted and fell apart.

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #12  
like bmg88201 said, i got rid of the screen on the Stihls that require it most, problem solved. wouldn't worry about it unless in fire hazardous conditions.

Last edited:
   / Stihl blower spark arrestor. #13  
I've got a Stihl SR200 sprayer. I need to propane torch the spark arrestor about once a month. I can now tell when I need to. I spray about 30 fruit trees once a week. I read somewhere that the more WOT use the less clogging of the arrestor? I just can't run WOT all the time. Torching it takes about 1 minute. I also occasionally torch the arrestor on my wife's weedwhacker. Using one gallon 93 octane with 2.6oz Stihl Platinum oil.

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #15  
I’m sure you could get rid of the arrestor but I’d just as soon leave it intact even though we don’t have a lot of fires here.
Has anyone (other than the Stihl lawyer) ever heard of a chain saw that started a fire from throwing sparks?

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #16  
Has anyone (other than the Stihl lawyer) ever heard of a chain saw that started a fire from throwing sparks?
Some Federal Safety guy was bored and had to create more B.S.

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #17  
Save the solvents and burn it out with a torch.

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #19  
I see some North Easterners willing to play fast and loose with sparks in the woods. Here in the west, we lose whole summers to just the choking smoke from fires that are hundreds or more miles away - and worse. Things that create spark in these parts are taken seriously, by more than lawyers and bureaucrats.

/ Stihl blower spark arrestor. #20  
Yep... start a fire due to no spark arrestor is a serious crime in the fire prone West.

Back in 1980 the first brush cutter was awesome until it wasn't.

Found the spark arrestor plugged and clean it was good to go.

I think the premium/ultra two stroke that Stihl offers must minimize soot because not nearly as big a problem in later years.