Storage height and length of L39 and B26

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26 #1  

yekrut

Silver Member
Tractor
Bolens (Iseki Deisel) G214
Hello all. Appreciate all the info I've found as I'm looking to buy either a L39 or B26. Leaning toward the L39 since I think I'll get more bang for the buck. The problem I think I have is Garage storage of all things. I have an attach garage for autos and an unattached 24x24 2 door garage for equipment. Door height is about 95 in. I think the backhoe height is 106.5 in. I got this number from a transport spec but not sure it equates to what I'm referring to.
Imagine I can extend the hoe but that increases the length and I'm still not sure the height the ROPS systems. Anway, I guess what I asking is can I store the L39 or B26 in my garage? Anyone know the storage dimensions?

Thanks

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26 #2  
you posted thin in the other forum too? Or Im having deja vu.

anyways, Im interested in the same numbers for the B26, and mainly the transport length, which should be real close to the storage length?

Also, to the OP, Since youve got the money for a tractor, you might want to consider building for that tractor. I'm planning on building a paviliion for my tractor. Concrete floor, block posts with 2 block walls blocking (no pun) most of the weather and a simple roof. Just something to condsider, the L series are nice size tractors, and If you buy a smaller tractor because of storage issues and it ends up being too small, then.. yea, u get the picture.

Although, it sounds to me like you will have PLENTY of room, but I don't actualy own one, you should be fine..

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26 #3  
worst case, extend the arm a bit, to lower the height, and put it back up inside, aslong as you don't gut the structure up top lol

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26 #4  
Yekrut,

I went through the same process with my L39 and an 8-ft garage door. The height of the L39 canopy is 95.5 inches, so if you remove all of the trim around your 8-ft door, you can get it in by lowering the backhoe when entering and raising it when inside.

BUT, if you have any slope away from the door, the unit will only go in forwards. That's because the canopy sticks out pretty far to the back, so it will have a greater than 8-ft height when backing in up a slope. That's just the way the geometry works. Also you will probably find that, although the framing for your door is 8-ft, the door itself will hang down into the opening.

I solved my problems by doing the following things (I do not have the backhoe):

1) Remove all door trim to achieve full 8-ft height door opening.

2. Before entering or leaving, detach the garage door opener from the door (by pulling the rope they all have), lift the door manually, and block the door up with an 8" 2x4 against the front of the door framing.

3. I also gained an inch by removing the orange plastic canopy and lights. These were more of a nuisance to me in the woods, and removing them does not mess with the metal FOPS structure. There is still a steel plate over your head.

Hope this helps,
Danny

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26
Wow Danny - what timing. I literally just got of the phone with the dealer and am about to wrap up my deal. Thanks alot for the info. I put a tape on one Friday and got 94" but I think the slight curve to the canopy was going to put it at about what u indicated. Thanks for the tips. I hope I can get it in there.

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26 #6  
Glad to be of service, especially since other guys have helped me out lots of times on this forum!

PS: Those bolts that hold the canopy on stick up higher than you might expect from a casual measurement.

/ Storage height and length of L39 and B26
I figured there was probably something up there I may of missed. It should be on its way within the week so I have my fingers crossed she's gonna make it. Thanks again.