Storage outdoors

/ Storage outdoors #1  

botayota

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240Hst
I ususally store my equipment inside the barn or garage, but I am running out of floor space, so I am planning on putting my Brush Hog outdoors and leaving it there. I have some wood pallets so will be setting it on those, and I also will put a couple of tarps over it. Any other ideas for storing attachments outdoors? Should I remove the drive shaft from the Brush Hog, or just make sure it is well greased, and cover it ?

Clint

/ Storage outdoors #2  
Tarp is good. Do make sure that the cutter gets enough air circulation under the tarp since it sits pretty low to the ground (even on a pallet). Will it be on a paved surface or bare ground?

If the drive shaft is not too difficult to remove, storing it inside will prevent blowing dust/dirt from collecting on the greased up parts.

/ Storage outdoors #3  
Just grease it good and dont worry about it..

/ Storage outdoors #4  
I Leave all My Impliments outside , allthough I Have Plenty of Out Buildings to Store Them in , They are to Full Of junk to get Anything else in there , Including Wasps :eek: .

On The Bushhog & Finish Mower Decks I Just Make sure All The Grass is Off of them, & Put a Trashbag over the End of the PTO shaft with a tye rap . The Post hole digger Is Just Hanging From a Tree & Also the Shaft is Covered .

I Do Try to Keep the Tractors Inside in the Winter though Where its Warm , So Its not so Hard on Them When Needed for Snow Removal . Works for Me so far . Bob

/ Storage outdoors #5  
If it has a stump jumper and an access hole inthe deck to get at the blade bolts, stuff a racket ball into the hole to keep water from pooing inthe stump jumper.. if you remove the drive shaft. a bucket makes a great gearbox cover!

soundguy