Storing a fuel transfer tank

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #1  

tractorcrazy

Silver Member
How do you guys store your fuel transfer tanks when not in use. Mine is a eighty eight gallon L shaped tank its kinda awkward to load and unload in the truck bed. I use my front end loader then put it in the back of the shed when not using it. I might go with something smaller easier to handle just wondering how other people deal with theres.thanks Rick

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #2  
How do you guys store your fuel transfer tanks when not in use. Mine is a eighty eight gallon L shaped tank its kinda awkward to load and unload in the truck bed. I use my front end loader then put it in the back of the shed when not using it. I might go with something smaller easier to handle just wondering how other people deal with theres.thanks Rick
I haven't done this with a fuel tank, just a lot of other heavy things that size, but you could mount it on casters. Easy to move around in a shop or whatever that way. Obviously that'll only work if you're storing it on hard surfaces and you'd have to make doubly sure to secure it well in the truck.

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #3  
I just put mine on a pallet.

IMG_5705.jpg

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #4  
Same here 110 gal L shape tank I just strap it to a pallet and put it in the hay barn

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank
That's a good idea putting it on a pallet. I have a homemade set of forks I can put a skidsteer quick attach on for my loader tractor. Put a couple straps around it and should be good to go .thanks for the idea. RICK

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #6  
Mine is mounted on a pallet too. Pallet sits on a dolly with wheels when in barn.

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #7  
Mine is a plastic 55gal drum. When stored I just pick it up and put it on the top shelf in my shed.

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #8  
Mine is mounted on a pallet too. Pallet sits on a dolly with wheels when in barn.
this is exactly the way I stor snd use mine. I can wheel it towards tractor to use, and lift it off of wheel base to place in truck to refill as necessary.

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #9  
I store mine on a pallet I built so I could load it with my forks from the side and set it in the back of my truck. My tank is 57x20x19 and I wanted it supported under the entire tank not 48".

/ Storing a fuel transfer tank #10  
Before I put fuel in mine, I turned it over and welded caster wheels to each corner. IT is never in storage, always has fuel and in use. I can roll it around as needed. Mostly it sets in one place, it has 20 feet of hose so I can reach my tractor without pulling into the storage area. I keep my fuel inside an enclosed and insulated building where it is away from any ignition source and sunlight. The temps dont fluctuate up and down rapidly and I have never had any condensate issues with it.

Whether you put it on a pallet with casters or just attach casters directly to it, being able to move it around by hand is very useful.