Story of My Life

/ Story of My Life #1  

FredH

Platinum Member
Tractor
N.H. TC-30
A few months ago , one of the cylinders for the stabilizers on my 757C BH took a dump . Blowing fluid , etc... . Looked at finding a after market cylinder , none though were right when it came to orientation of the fittings , since it very tight when the stabilizers are retracted . Thus went with a rebuild kit . After a PM to Rick B. on availability of the rebuild kits , I just purchased 1 through local dealer .

Working with New local dealer was awesome . They actually took over the local dealership , but are based out of a Framing community 80 miles East of here . My Brother use to work with them instead of the dealer here back when He farmed .

Anyway , Yesterday I was in town and Wife sends me a text that the rebuilt cylinder took a dump , leaking fluid and she used a bungee cord to hold it up ? :shocked:

So I get home depressed that I had screwed up installing the rebuild kit . Slow walk up to tractor and to my surprise , Notice that the cylinder leaking is Not the rebuilt one but the other side , which had been a slow leaker anyway . The rebuilt one had been painted by my Son a little darker blue than the original N.H. paint , Plus it was dry , no Leaks . :cool2:

So now will have to order another kit , Which Ironically , I think I remembered telling Rick B. that I would just order 2 at the time , since when one goes out , other will likely also . So Yep , it did and using the tractor for the next few weeks will required a strap on stabilizer holding it in place . :confused2:

Which goes to the Tile of thread , Story of My Life :D

Fred H.

/ Story of My Life #2  
It does happen that way! I had the stabilizer cylinder off getting repacked back in January, was only using loader, so I had it chained up in the meantime. Day before they call to let me know it’s ready, I blew a loader lift cylinder. When I got to the cylinder place, there was a Case backhoe there with every cylinder off, shop man said after about three cylinders in two weeks the owner just brought it up and said, pack them all and be done with it.

/ Story of My Life #3  
The good news is that you ought to be real good at it the second time. I’ve been working on a Ford 601 and I have had the carb on and off about 12 times. I’m real good at that!!!