Strange noise in rear end after fluid change 1533.

/ Strange noise in rear end after fluid change 1533. #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Took the Hoe off and did the first fluid change. Followed the instructions, removed and drained 5 points, changed both filters, and refilled with Mahindra fluid. Ran for a couple of minutes to ensure filters full, checked level again... all good.

Went behind tractor while idling, and nothing turning, but hearing a "shu shu shu" sound like something turning inside upper rear end. Not sure it is new as I never heard it with the hoe on..
Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks,
Mike

/ Strange noise in rear end after fluid change 1533. #2  
Hang out in the fluids section long and you will hear people who love and hate TSC fluid. Some of the complaints are noises etc. Not sure what you used but it could just be the new fluid. Also how cold was it?

/ Strange noise in rear end after fluid change 1533.
Used Mahindra fluid, not same color as what I removed.

Temps in low 40s, ran long enough to hook up snow blower.

/ Strange noise in rear end after fluid change 1533. #5  
If I’m thinking about this correctly idling would warm the fluid. As things warm typically a “normal” noise like you describe would go away. Mahindra fluid could be anything- they just purchase from a co-packer. I’d hate to have you drain 10 gal of fluid and try something else- hopefully someone else can weigh in. It’s just based on everything I’ve read and seen some fluids are noisy- especially when cold (below say 90°f)

Also verifying the BH hydraulic lines were DCed properly? You are not dead heading full pressure or something weird like that?

Good thinking about the return line, I checked it tight, and ran the FEL a couple of cycles to remove any air in the system. It's an open center system, so if it wasn't connected, the loader shouldn't work.. I'm concerned about damaging the hydrostatic drive if it is air bound...

Bumping this.... I spoke to a mechanic at the dealer, he said the top of the rear end is a splash lubrication system. This would explain what the sound was... He said it sounded like I did everything correctly, and keep an eye on the fluid level.

/ Strange noise in rear end after fluid change 1533. #8  
Also, strange sounds, sometimes are always there but only louder when you think about them. Not trying to make light of it, but even ringing in the ear/etc., might be normal... but not for the person that is obsessed with it........ Again, not trying to rile folks up, but the mind does strange things....