Stump bucket on worksaver

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #1  

Grjfer

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS mt225s
Wondering if anyone makes a universal stump bucket thay would attach to my worksaver pallet forks SSQA frame? It would be nice not to have 2 frames to deal with.

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #2  
Trying to take your pallet forks off the frame and then attach a stump bucket doesn’t sound like my definition of convenient.

/ Stump bucket on worksaver
@4570Man my forks aren't that heavy since they are the SSPF-1242 setup, and the amount of time I would be using the stump bucket I'm ok with the convenience trade off.

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #4  
Why not buy a stump bucket that goes on the SSQA instead of the fork frame? That's what we did. Works great. Quick change.

Our unit is from Titan.

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #5  
Is LS mt225s your current tractor?

LS MT225S Dimensions​

Dimensions
Wheelbase:63.4 inches
161 cm
Length:111.9 inches
284 cm
Width:48.7 inches
123 cm
Height (ROPS):86.4 inches
219 cm
Weight:1764 lbs
800 kg

CAVEAT EMPTOR

A 4-WD tractor with a bare weight of 1,764 pounds will not have enough traction to push a stump bucket into soft ground.

Hydraulic power is also marginal, but light tractor weight will be the first impediment.

I have been through the stump bucket experience. Remorsefully put the stump bucket up for auction four days after delivery. Bare weight of my L3560 tractor is 3,700 pounds.

Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single specification.

Research moderate weight Bucket Spades rather than stump buckets. Several bucket spades are designed to clamp on pallet forks. A 14" to 18" long Bucket Spade inserts and withdraws from the ground much easier than a stump bucket. Two factors: Bucket Spades are shorter. Bucket Spades are "spade" shaped for easy insertion and withdrawal.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 336

Last edited:
   / Stump bucket on worksaver
   / Stump bucket on worksaver #7  
I would heed his advice. My tractor is twice as large as yours and wonder how effective it will be dealing with stumps.

Above is a tractor about your size dealing with a small stump. Took him 15 minutes to dig it out.

Here is another that did not end well.

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #8  
Wondering if anyone makes a universal stump bucket thay would attach to my worksaver pallet forks SSQA frame? It would be nice not to have 2 frames to deal with.
You have a 2000 lb tractor and you are going to pull out stumps. You do realize your car weighs more right?
I would never purchase stump bucket for a tractor...you are very likely to bend your FEL arms. Tractor FEL is not made for this type of force. There is no support for the opposing force when digging a stump. On a Skid Steer, the loader arms rest against the frame of the machine to oppose the force (if you are using it correctly).

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #9  
You have a 2000 lb tractor and you are going to pull out stumps. You do realize your car weighs more right?
I would never purchase stump bucket for a tractor...you are very likely to bend your FEL arms. Tractor FEL is not made for this type of force. There is no support for the opposing force when digging a stump. On a Skid Steer, the loader arms rest against the frame of the machine to oppose the force (if you are using it correctly).
I would not go that far, but I would not abuse it either. My tractor weighs a lot more and I have a loader rated for 2700 lbs. The issue is people want "instant gratification" and push equipment to far. If the operator has patience, jobs can get done without breaking stuff. But a stump bucket on a little tractor is not a good idea.

/ Stump bucket on worksaver #10  
I would not go that far, but I would not abuse it either. My tractor weighs a lot more and I have a loader rated for 2700 lbs. The issue is people want "instant gratification" and push equipment to far. If the operator has patience, jobs can get done without breaking stuff. But a stump bucket on a little tractor is not a good idea.

I wouldn’t recommend a stump bucket on a compact tractor either. Digging stumps is hard work and there’s just not much way to go about it without abusing a tractor.