Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic?

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Was wondering if this would be worth it, I can use my Backhoe hydraulics with a remote. Supposed to be able to have down pressure as well but that may be beyond Sub Cat 1 specs meaning it might bend or damage something? I would like to use it to adjust forward and backward tilt of my box blade and to help with my 3 point auger alignment. Will be getting a rack and a tiller soon so it could help with those attachments as well.

Has anyone tried to install a hydraulic top link on a sub compact before?

AMA USA Category 1 Hydraulic Top Link, 16 1/8 in. to 22 7/16 in., 62 at Tractor Supply Co.

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #2  
Hydraulic top links are a huge time saver, (love them and put them on my tractors, sub and compact) especially on implements you want to adjust often, ie, blades, box blades, snow blowers etc, and also if you have numerous atachments you use often that require different length top links.
That being said, a hydraulic top link won't actualy give you any 'down pressure` because the 3 point will still float unless you have a draft control and I'm not sure if thats available on sub compacts (dont know your brand) but is on compacts.
And one final note is that it has to be a setup specificly for that purpose,
Like the one you posted link about, double acting cylinder and check valving otherwise it will `float`, extend and retract under pressure in forward, reverse instead of staying locked at length.

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #4  
Absolutely love my hydraulic top link. I was fortunate when I purchased my new tractor it came with two rear remotes. So for me the cost was just a couple hydraulic lines, I think it was $150 hydraulic top link. I知 assuming you do not have the rear remotes which I believe can be close to $1000 to install. I知 not sure if I would致e paid $1000 for the amount of work that I do for a hydraulic top link.
However they are definitely a convenience for the equipment you are looking for so it might be worth it for you

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #5  
Hydraulic top link would be nice, but there are 2 problems with it on the 2025R. One is if you length it too much, raising the implement will drive it into the ground by simple geometry. Had this happen with the LX4 delivered with the 4010 back in 2004. They had the lift pins in the wrong location resulting in the top link being too long.

The other thing is if shortened too much, it'll hit not only my tool box (from the lemony 1025R) and/or the folded ROPS.

Ralph

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #6  
If my SCUT had rear remote hydraulics - hydraulic top link would on the top of my "to buy" list. I've had mine( Fit Rite ) for six years. Would not be without it. Making implement adjustments on-the-fly is a real God sent advantage. Being able to fine tune a land engagement implement is another bonus. After "stop & twist" half a dozen times - I'd just give up and consider it as good enough. Not now. Just keep putting along and tapping the hydraulic control lever. You end up with the absolute best performance out of all your 3-point implements.

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #7  
Hydraulic top link is also very useful when attaching implements and a quick hitch is not installed. The top link can be used to push or pull the implement in line with one or both of the lower links. Just makes things a lot easier.

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #8  
Was wondering if this would be worth it, I can use my Backhoe hydraulics with a remote. Supposed to be able to have down pressure as well but that may be beyond Sub Cat 1 specs meaning it might bend or damage something? I would like to use it to adjust forward and backward tilt of my box blade and to help with my 3 point auger alignment. Will be getting a rack and a tiller soon so it could help with those attachments as well.

Has anyone tried to install a hydraulic top link on a sub compact before?

AMA USA Category 1 Hydraulic Top Link, 16 1/8 in. to 22 7/16 in., 62 at Tractor Supply Co.

Bump for an old thread.
Just wondering if you ever resolved your question a hydraulic top link. Like you, I have a subcompact tractor that occasionally has a back hoe mounted on it. I was wondering about the possibility of using that hydraulic connection with a control vale and service coupler set up for a rear SVC. Did you do something similar?
Wondering out loud so to speak.

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic?
I decided to put this on hold for a bit because I need to rebuild the gear assembly on my Woodmaxx snowblower.

/ Sub Compact Tractor Owners-change top link from mechanical to hydraulic? #10  
I absolutely love my hydraulic top link. I use it with every 3-point implement I own every time I hitch up. In my opinion it is indispensable for adjusting the angle of engagement and the amount of "float" you want depending on the task at hand. I have adjustable flow restrictors on each end of the cylinder so I can "feather" the amount of adjustment I want. (I have an electrohydraulically actuated valve on my joystick, and it's either all or nothing without the flow restrictors). If you use any rear implements you will not be disappointed with the ease, utility and time savings of a hydraulic top link.