Sub tier 4 tractor pto power

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #1  

MESSMAKER

Veteran Member
Tractor
DK4710SE
Will any of these tractors run a 5 foot rotary mower. I know they are detuned engines for the most part. I suspect the hp figures might not be totally accurate.

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #2  
I understand the L2501 Kubota is a large displacement,high torque motor and under rated for it's size.
I would think it would run a five foot medium duty bush-hog without too many problems.
We run a five foot hog on our L3000DT(32HP)with no problems.

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #3  
I run a 5 foot on my Boomer 24 with zero issue. Of course it also depends on what you want to mow and how fast you want to mow it. I can do waist high weeds pretty much as fast as I care to. If I want to take down a 1.5 inch sapling I have to take my time. If the waist high weeds are wet I have to slow down a bit.

For just maintaining the horse pasture, zero issue. Rev up to proper rpm for PTO and go.

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #4  
The Kioti 2610 is rated at just a hair over 20 HP at the PTO and runs a 5 foot bush hog just fine. Its a sub tier 4 motor displacing 1.6L. So that helps a lot.

Im sure there are others that can do it. I just happen to know this one will because I have one and I do it all the time.

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #5  
I bought a 5' mower with my 2400 (under the radar for Tier compliance) because I needed 5' to cover my tire tracks when mowing. Not sorry! My first tractor was an IH Super A (as I recall) at about 25 hp in 1980...meaning it had seen better days since it was of 1940-50s origin and a 5' to go with it.

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #6  
My first tractor was an IH Super A (as I recall) at about 25 hp in 1980...meaning it had seen better days since it was of 1940-50s origin and a 5' to go with it.
I don't think ANY Super A's had more than 18hp, even the 100 that replaced it didn't have 25hp...

In the letter series, you have to go all the way to an "H" to get 25hp

In the number series, you have to go to a 140 to get to 25hp

SR

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #7  
I don't think ANY Super A's had more than 18hp, even the 100 that replaced it didn't have 25hp...

In the letter series, you have to go all the way to an "H" to get 25hp

In the number series, you have to go to a 140 to get to 25hp

SR

Then too it was a full sized smaller tractor and had a lot of iron in it that had to be pushed across the ground eating up more of the available hp.

/ Sub tier 4 tractor pto power #8  
The L2501 will