SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal?

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #1  

Carl_NH

Elite Member
Tractor
01 Kubota B21TLB, 2010 Ferris 52" ZTR, Cub Cadet 1811, Gravely Super8
Does the SUDT 2.5 Gal container have just the paper/plastic seal or is there a permanent foil type seal and the paper/plastic cap seal?

The reason for asking is i purchased three containers online (dealer) for $62 each incl shipping and thought it odd there wasn't a peel off foil type seal applied (like you find on motor oil or chemicals etc).

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #2  
I recently purchased a 2.5 gal container of UDT and it did not have any type of seal under the lid. I also found this to be unusual, but it makes me feel better that someone else has had the same experience.

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #3  
Must be different versions. I just went in the garage and checked mine DOES have a foil seal.

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #4  
I have an 1 gal size of Kubota UDT that's unopened. It has a foil seal on it.

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal?
Thanks for the replies - I found it odd too that the 1 Gal has the foil and it appears some of the 2.5 gal do and don't.

I will write a short note to Kubota and see what they have to say on the subject.

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #6  
Haven't had any experience with the 2 1/2 gallon jugs, but the 5 gallon pails of UDT have a cap and then a pretty substantial plastic pull off seal under the cap and then a pull out pour sprout which has a plastic screw cap. Hard for me to believe Kubota is selling unsealed containers of SUDT.

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #7  
Cracked a 2.5 gal two weeks ago that I bought and stored a year. It had no seal. But the 1 gallon container I bought at the same time had a foil seal.

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #8  
I noticed the same thing. I bought 2 2.5 and one had seal and the other didnt?! :confused:

/ SUDT 2.5 gal Container Seal? #9  
I just checked the 2.5 gallon container of UDT, I purchaced the other week, and it has the foil seal.