suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #1  

disney

Gold Member
Tractor
scag turf tiger 61" #2, gx95, sold f525 twice, f725 sold
I need one, no hurry, but should I buy from the dealer, or is there a place to a buy a better one for the same price? or one just as good for less? I would rather pay a little more, and not have to worry about failure at the worst possible time. thank you to all who help.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #2  
Some items I certainly like a dealer for....for quality reasons.

But I have never had any issues with parts store alternators. Napa, oriley, advanced, autozone, etc.

Since you aint in a hurry and can wait on shipping....that opens a whole host of online vendors. And can probably get OEM brand (probably motocraft?), same part you can get at a dealer, but for a parts store price

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #3  
I'd find a local, reputable shop and have the original rebuilt. Especially if you are in no dire need for it right away. The dealer will rape you and aftermarket stuff are sometimes of questionable quality.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #4  
For parts like that, parts store is fine. As good as OEM, maybe better, maybe worse, but the difference in price is often big.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #5  
I bought a brand new ACDelco alternator for my '99 7.3 F250 last year online for less than a so-called rebuilt/reman. Got over 15k miles on it now and nary a problem. Don't remember what vendor I used but it didn't take long to find it and it shipped within a couple of days.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #8  
Problem is Ford doesn't make new starters or alt for old stuff any more they are all rebuilt. Probally from the same sorce all the chains get them from . I buy from Nappa cause life time warrenty. As soon as my voltage gets low I go to Nappa and test batteries and alt for free .:drink:

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #9  
Buy from local big box auto parts store which will give you a lifetime warranty from store.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #10  
Have had good luck with junkyard pulls.