suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #11  
Not all reman parts are of same quality. I would buy a new alternator from Napa, skip the reman. 2nd choice would be an OEM version online, and lastly the dealer.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #12  
Have had good luck with junkyard pulls.

Do any junkyards still let you pull your own parts? Haven't seen one that did in years. Probably a combination of liability and too many parts hitching a ride out inside toolboxes.
Even if they did, getting at parts in modern vehicles can, and usually is a challenge to say the least.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #13  
For my F350 7.3L the factory starters died with age, but it was common starter used on lots of equipment, the newer ones are built better, I found a new unit with lifetime about 1/3 smaller and cranks faster than original. $160 vs $380. I'd buy rebuilt with warranty

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #14  

This. Late 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstrokes come with weak electrical systems. Read Ed's maintenance tips #1, #2, and #3. Maintenance Tips

Do not replace weak with weak (stock OEM alternators). Make sure to upgrade your alternator wiring. On my 6.0 F-350, Ford uses two 12 ga wires/fusible links in order to transfer 140 supposed amps from the OEM alternator. Pathetic.

/ suggestions for ford superduty/excursion alternator #15  
You can buy a Motorcraft alternator from most parts stores. Same one the dealer will sell you. Some dealers will price match as well. My second choice would be a Denso reman.
Ran my own shop for over 30 years and these would be my top choice.