93.1 KB · Views: 299
   / Summer Blues....
Photo three.

Attachments

• 410612-Sort 034.jpg
    410612-Sort 034.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 262
   / Summer Blues....
We ended up slicing the other side so we wouldn't get flooded /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Undecided on what we'll get next, but we are moving the location.

Attachments

• 410614-Pool-012.jpg
    410614-Pool-012.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 241
   / Summer Blues.... #5  
I feel for you. I'll be putting in my 4th liner in 8 years this spring. 1st year burst by moles in fall. 2nd liner wouldn't go in because the sidewalls were egg shaped, so I took it out and put it in a box in the garage. In the spring, I forgot it was there and I ran into it with the weed eater and destroyed it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif 2nd year was the third liner. That one lasted 7 years. Three days after we winterized it last fall I noticed the water level dropping. Found 3 long gashes where the liner had failed do to dropping into mole tunnels. We lost all the water in 2-3 days. No way to patch it. This spring I will be re-compacting the soil under the pool and putting in some heavy foam before putting in our 4th liner. Oh, well. At least the kids enjoy the pool enough to justify it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

By the way, did I mention I have a mole problem before? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Summer Blues.... #6  
I think I need to store this post for a couple of years and bring it out then. My girls are young enough that my wife only TALKS about the pool they are going to need later on. I keep telling her that a bathtub and a ditch was good enough for me growing up and I can't see spending money for a plastic pool here in CO where if the ice don't get you the UV will. She says that is crazy talk.

Mike

/ Summer Blues.... #7  
<font color="blue"> By the way, did I mention I have a mole problem before? </font>

I discovered the perfect solution. We used to have a mole problem until one day I was in the back yard with our then two year old irish wolfhound. By that age they are pretty much full grown. I was watching my daughter playing with a friend when out of the corner of my eye I spotted our wolfhound flying thru the air. Now at his size a springing leap will cover 10 - 12 feet easy. So I watch him land with his head in the dirt and wondering what the devil he is up to. When I get over to him he's got goop dripping out of his mouth and a very satisfied expression on his face. Look what I did daddy! After prying open his mouth I find the remains of mr. mole who apparently popped his head out of his hole at the wrong time.

Besides being a little gross, I am now concerned with what diseases (including rabies) may now have just entered his stomach. A call to the vet produced a no one has ever asked that before we will have to get back to you. Turns out moles are nutritious and delicious. At least to dogs.

End result was our iw discovered a new game to play and the moles decided it was much healthier in our neighbors yard.

Jack

/ Summer Blues.... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Besides being a little gross, I am now concerned with what diseases (including rabies) may now have just entered his stomach.
)</font>

Giardia (a protozoa found in the poop, used to be called Beaver Feaver because trappers would get it from drinking downstream from beavers who pooped in the streams) possibly, or tape worms if the the mole had fleas. Don't know what other parasites moles get.

Cliff

/ Summer Blues.... #9  
Our 2 cats and 1 of our dogs hunt the heck out of our property for moles, mice, and shrew. My wife picked up 8 last weekend and there are at least 6 more dead in the yard this weekend. That's just what they leave right near the porch. It's hard to tell how many more are further out in the yard. I never really wanted cats, but my wife had here heart set on them. We had them spayed and they have turned out to be excellent hunters.

Kevin

/ Summer Blues.... #10  
Can you give me an idea of what a liner is worth? Say 24 ft dia. I'am asking because I have an old stave silo sitting in the yard that I just thought could be reassembled into a pretty solid pool. The blocks are 30 in. tall so two blocks high could give me about 4ft depth. I could parge the inside too I suppose, any ideas that could help do this cheap if at all.