Super Bowl 2020

/ Super Bowl 2020 #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
How many live in the Spokane area and will not see the Super Bowl because Fox & Dish are having a tiff? Have you figured a work around? Let me know..........

/ Super Bowl 2020 #2  
is it just in your area? We have Dish and don't seem to have any problems getting Fox here.

/ Super Bowl 2020
I'm sure it's local. Involves a local channel and the dispute between Fox & Dish. The problem revolves around customer loyalty and $$$$.

/ Super Bowl 2020 #4  
Dish is blocking the Super Bowl here in East Texas too, which is really crazy considering Mahomes is from here, and pretty much everybody either knows him, his mom or his dad. We're friends with his dad and step mom. Lots of people on FB are talking about getting an antenna. I dumped Dish a few months ago and went to an antenna and I've been explaining how I did it to a lot of people. Dish will lose people over this!!

/ Super Bowl 2020 #5  
How many live in the Spokane area and will not see the Super Bowl because Fox & Dish are having a tiff? Have you figured a work around? Let me know..........

We are a little east of you. Youtube TV and Hulu (maybe others) offer a free 7 day trial. Just sign up for the weekend. My friends are having a Super Bowl party and will be doing (have done) that. A lot of the TVs have a way to stream built in. Otherwise Chromecast or a Roku cost $30-$40 for the basic ones- which work just fine.

I switched to YouTube TV. Unlimited DVR space, plenty of channel options and the price is OK.

/ Super Bowl 2020
I think a lot of folks will wait until tomorrow and might be very surprised. In my case - Dish increased my monthly charges in Jan, 2020 and now will not be providing coverage of the Super Bowl. I will certainly be looking for alternate services.

Thanks RNeuman - I will definitely check that out.

Last edited:
   / Super Bowl 2020
Geez - Sigarms, I hope you are being sarcastic. You DO know that FOX is broadcasting the Super Bowl live, this year. Being on satellite TV - I get this broadcast on only one FOX channel. Or, at least, I did until the big TIFF.

/ Super Bowl 2020 #9  
I'm not being sarcastic. I would think that EVERYONE could watch the superbowl on TV if they'd like. It's not like a "short" early knockout 20 second boxing or MMA fight that people have to pay whatever the price for "pay for view".

Can't remember a superbowl I couldn't watch anywhere.

/ Super Bowl 2020 #10  
You can go to foxsports.com and set up an account and stream it for free. If your tv has apps you can see if if has the fox sports app or use a device like fire tv, Xbox one, etc. I think Roku might be in a tiff with fox also so not sure those will work. Fox still works on my dish system with Austin locals.

I got this from the web:

To catch the game on Fox Sports apps, viewers will need to register and create a profile before you can start watching.

Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku will all offer access to the game via the Fox Sports and Fox Now smart TV apps. While you usually need the TV provider authentication to watch, Fox says this won't be necessary on Sunday. You will need a good internet signal to bring in the play.

Cable alternative services YouTube TV ($50 monthly), Fubo ($54.99 monthly) and Hulu with Live TV ($55 monthly) will offer the game and have free trial offers for new subscribers. Sunday morning, you could sign up, get the programming, watch the game, and then cancel on Monday. Another alternative service, Sling, offers Fox programming, but in only 17 markets, so check your local listings.