Super Duty Lead Times

/ Super Duty Lead Times #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
On Saturday I put an order in for a F250 CC 4x4 XL, I customized it for my specific needs. The dealers in NJ where quoting lead times of 12 plus weeks. The Virginia dealer was quoting 4 weeks, and they beat the price by $1,800.

Does anyone know actual lead times of these trucks in the current situation of Covid and the semi conductor shortage?

/ Super Duty Lead Times #2  
From my experience ordering trucks, it will depend on your custom build and they won't have an accurate ETA until they place the order. Even then it can get bumped by parts shortages. But I wouldn't trust an ETA from any of them based on "we just placed an order for one and it is x weeks". If you included a single option that is in short supply, it could affect the ETA. Since yours is an XL, I'd bet it will be a shorter time frame though (compared to the option heavy models).
What engine are you considering?

/ Super Duty Lead Times
I got the 6.2 and the 6 speed. I'm only using the truck to tow an RV, Boat, Dump Trailer, and other hauling duties. I estimate 5,000 miles per year tops.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #4  
My F150 has the 5.0 but I would love that 6.2. Now that they have the 7.3 it makes the 6.2 seem more reasonable. :)
So you already ordered it, and they give a guestimate for eta. Then once it gets scheduled you'll receive an actual build date. Is that still the process? The delays can sometimes come after that when they sit waiting for transit for many weeks.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #5  
I'm surprised they couldn't make you deal on something more equipped on the lot or at a nearby dealer just to move current inventory but maybe they sell fewer Super Duties up there. Most trucks on the lots here are Platinum's and some Lariats with a few King Ranch models scattered around. I suppose they feel those are more likely to appeal to a broader market plus more mark up for them.

/ Super Duty Lead Times
I'm surprised they couldn't make you deal on something more equipped on the lot or at a nearby dealer just to move current inventory but maybe they sell fewer Super Duties up there. Most trucks on the lots here are Platinum's and some Lariats with a few King Ranch models scattered around. I suppose they feel those are more likely to appeal to a broader market plus more mark up for them.

I could have been talked into going up, but I would budge on the 40/20/40 seat (every once in a while we have 6 people), pre collision, rear locker, FX4, no window in rear glass, camper package, 5th wheel prep, upfitters, Factory spray in bedliner. The factory spray in bedliner, with the 5th wheel prep, box link and bed LEDs is really a neat setup.

I got into that for $46k, before rebates, plus tax.

I reached out to 20 dealers within 50 miles of my house. I messaged them quickly on autotrader, and told them what I was looking for.

Not one had a truck built that that.

I am surprised how few even had the OEM 5th wheel puck packages.

Many dealers had between 1 and 3 super duties on the entire lot!

/ Super Duty Lead Times
My F150 has the 5.0 but I would love that 6.2. Now that they have the 7.3 it makes the 6.2 seem more reasonable. :)
So you already ordered it, and they give a guestimate for eta. Then once it gets scheduled you'll receive an actual build date. Is that still the process? The delays can sometimes come after that when they sit waiting for transit for many weeks.

they are saying I should have it in 4 weeks. I have my doubts. They didn't even mention scheduling.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #8  
I could have been talked into going up, but I would budge on the 40/20/40 seat (every once in a while we have 6 people), pre collision, rear locker, FX4, no window in rear glass, camper package, 5th wheel prep, upfitters, Factory spray in bedliner. The factory spray in bedliner, with the 5th wheel prep, box link and bed LEDs is really a neat setup.

I reached out to 20 dealers within 50 miles of my house. I messaged them quickly on autotrader, and told them what I was looking for.

Yeah that's a pretty unique option list you want. I always had the 40/20/40 seat as well but XLT was as nice as I had in the first 3 SD's. June 2019 we traded and found a near perfectly equipped Lariat with the Ultimate package and it has the Captains chairs, but I have really come to enjoy it!

Lariat is the highest trim that a 40/20/40 can even be ordered in and I never seen one. FYI, Ours came with the spray in bedliner and it is no where near as good and durable as the Line-X I had in my 2006 so I wouldn't let the factor in.

/ Super Duty Lead Times #9  

Yeah that's a pretty unique option list you want. I always had the 40/20/40 seat as well but XLT was as nice as I had in the first 3 SD's. June 2019 we traded and found a near perfectly equipped Lariat with the Ultimate package and it has the Captains chairs, but I have really come to enjoy it!

Lariat is the highest trim that a 40/20/40 can even be ordered in and I never seen one. FYI, Ours came with the spray in bedliner and it is no where near as good and durable as the Line-X I had in my 2006 so I wouldn't let that factor in.

/ Super Duty Lead Times

Lariat is the highest trim that a 40/20/40 can even be ordered in and I never seen one. FYI, Ours came with the spray in bedliner and it is no where near as good and durable as the Line-X I had in my 2006 so I wouldn't let that factor in.

I love my husky liners, and was planning to use a husky liner mat with the spray in bedliner. What did you not like about the spray in bedliner?