Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #2  
Larson Farms, farm in Southern MN, has a YouTube channel. They took delivery of a new John Deere tractor last week because it was in their dealer’s stock. Didn’t have the options they wanted but JD could not deliver a new one until next summer and they need the tractor for spring planting. So take delivery of their $400k tractor (16” wide tracks) and store it in the back of a machine shed for 6 months.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #3  
Same here, ordered a new tractor in January, received it the end of July. Dealer received two tractors that day, haven't been any more on the lot since I picked mine up. Crazy times. I was told they may not have any more factory shipments until mid-2022.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #4  
My small town local Chevy dealer has 3 trucks on the lot when the lot is usually full with 30 or more this time of the year when new model stocking is normally in full swing.

I bought a new tractor in January from a dealer who had 2 on the lot, 6 back ordered....said no telling when they would arrive.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #5  
My friend has a car rental franchise but no cars and PU's being the worst shortage.
They blame it all on chip shortages.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #6  
My friend has a car rental franchise but no cars and PU's being the worst shortage.
Interesting thing about this chip shortage. I bought a new 2021 truck in June. Great truck. I noticed when you push the cab button to drop the tailgate, the "tailgate ajar" light does not come on. So, took it to the dealer. Two times. Said they needed it again, that they were getting an answer from the manufacturer. The third time, they kept the truck for a week. When I picked it up, they sent me to the Service Manager. He was nice, but said - All car manufacturers shipping cars with some ships missing, as long as it is not a safety issue. My truck is missing the chip for the tailgate light on the dash. Makes you want to look at the truck and drive it for a week before buying it. But I guess I am lucky is not the oil pressure gauge or something like that. Ha

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #7  
Not sure if it's still the case but I had limited exposure to the car rental business back in 92. They changed inventory every 3 months.

News said they all sold their fleets when Covid started so now they got nothing to rent.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #8  
Interesting thing about this chip shortage. I bought a new 2021 truck in June. Great truck. I noticed when you push the cab button to drop the tailgate, the "tailgate ajar" light does not come on. So, took it to the dealer. Two times. Said they needed it again, that they were getting an answer from the manufacturer. The third time, they kept the truck for a week. When I picked it up, they sent me to the Service Manager. He was nice, but said - All car manufacturers shipping cars with some ships missing, as long as it is not a safety issue. My truck is missing the chip for the tailgate light on the dash. Makes you want to look at the truck and drive it for a week before buying it. But I guess I am lucky is not the oil pressure gauge or something like that. Ha
I’m sorry but that is a breach of contract in my mind if they didn’t disclose that at the point of sale. Did he give you anything in writing saying they owed you a chip? I guess your lucky they didn’t just delete that line of code…may or may not have done that to a backup sensor that kept dying:censored:

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #9  
I’m sorry but that is a breach of contract in my mind if they didn’t disclose that at the point of sale. Did he give you anything in writing saying they owed you a chip? I guess your lucky they didn’t just delete that line of code…may or may not have done that to a backup sensor that kept dying:censored:
Well, I wasn't happy about it. But their thinking is there will be a recall when chips available. He also worked for a Nisson dealership and they were doing the same thing. Oh, by the way, it was on the build sheet. That is why I stuck with it so long.

/ Supply chain issues not ending soon - Case and New Holland in this article. #10  
Let’s put this microchip shortage in perspective. Any new car with combustible motor requires 300 micro chips on average. The EV or electric vehicles require roughy 3000 micro chips for all electronics in the car. Right now the push is on for EV cars. The supply of chips have been stripped for EV car manufacturers. Until there are more chip suppliers we will still have shortages. Covid has some affect and cold relations with China has also affected the supply line. Surely we as nation of free people will realize outsourcing work can affect our markets, since we are dependent on others. This is turning point for us as nation. These shortages will continue through 2022 of micro chips and other goods. Let’s hope our food chain is not affected like this microchip problem we are experiencing. Share your thoughts on the current state of the free market.