Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #1  

WM75Guy

Elite Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 75, NH TC40DA
Yesterday I converted my 16LA to quick attach using the NH part. The last pin was a little tough as the bucket wanted to bind up after the first 3 came out. The bucket is at the welding shop getting the old fittings cut off and QA bracket attached. My dealer loaned me a bucket until mine is back, orange instead of blue. He is a dealer for NH and Kubota. Dealer had the NH part in stock for a while and let me have it for $400. The bucket bracket was $200 plus what the welding shop is going to charge.

Attachments

• 100_0932.JPG
    100_0932.JPG
    844.5 KB · Views: 5,476
  • 100_0933.JPG
    100_0933.JPG
    701.3 KB · Views: 3,439
  • 100_0934.JPG
    100_0934.JPG
    721.9 KB · Views: 2,833
   / Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #2  
I'd like to see a picture of that project when it's finished. I am planning on doing the same some time in the future.

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #3  
The "QA" is just awesome!.
I bought the QA 270TL FEL with my Boomer 4060.
What a great idea..... well worth the $.....
You will enjoy it...

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #4  
Randy, you're gonna love having that QA plate on your loader. I am a little surprised to see the torque tube between the adapters is a round tube. On mine, it's square tubing. I've attached a couple of pictures of my 3PH adapter with a bale spear. If you look, you can see the QA adapter has a square torque tube. I bought mine years ago and paid $358 for it. I was sure getting a bargain by today's prices.

Does your adapter have a grease zerk inside so you can grease the pins that are actuated by the arms? I find if I keep those zerks greased well on mine, it sure makes it work alot easier when I work the levers to lock in or release an attachment.

BTW: With that orange bucket, I don't know whether to call your loader a KuHolland or a NewBota.:laughing:

Attachments

• BaleSpear1.jpg
    BaleSpear1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,964
  • BaleSpear2.jpg
    BaleSpear2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 673
   / Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #5  
Hey Jinman, where are the zerks you are talking about? I don't think I've seen any on my loader, but now you have me wondering if I missed them. Thanks.

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #6  
I too would be interested in seeing the bucket. I measured the back of my bucket and the flat part is only 14" tall and the quick attach bracket that is welded on it is 21" i believe. It looks like that orange bucket they cut and welded new ends to it and a cross brace accross the top of it. I was going to brace mine up but thought it would look dumb with the plate sticking 7 inces above the the flat piece in the back but the way they modified that orange bucket doesn't look too bad. Ive been looking at buying the bracket and convert it over this summer when i have more time. Especially since the price here for the bracket is $580 and ive seen them other places as high as $1800, im affraid if i wait the price will go up by another $100 this spring

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #7  
Hey Jinman, where are the zerks you are talking about? I don't think I've seen any on my loader, but now you have me wondering if I missed them. Thanks.

On my adapter, the zerk fittings for the sliding pin are directly below the handles, kinda tucked behind the mounting flange of the adapter. I'm attaching a picture with arrows to show their location. Its next to impossible to actually see the zerks in my photo, but they are located at the tip of the arrow.

Attachments

• zerk.jpg
    zerk.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 670
   / Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #8  
On my adapter, the zerk fittings for the sliding pin are directly below the handles, kinda tucked behind the mounting flange of the adapter. I'm attaching a picture with arrows to show their location. Its next to impossible to actually see the zerks in my photo, but they are located at the tip of the arrow.

I checked mine, and sure enough there are zerks that I have missed. Not that those pins get used that often but I sure don't want some old grease siting in there geting stiff. Thanks for the tip Jinman.

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach
Jinman, yes mine has the grease fittings. Welding shop just called, bucket is ready, $100 to cut off the old mounts and weld on the new adapter. They left the top gussets in place to add strength. Flat of the bucket is 14", plate was 18", does stick down a little below the back of the bucket he said. Will post pics on Monday when I get it, too late, too cold and too old to go today.

/ Switched 16LA FEL to Quick Attach #10  
Jinman, yes mine has the grease fittings. Welding shop just called, bucket is ready, $100 to cut off the old mounts and weld on the new adapter. They left the top gussets in place to add strength. Flat of the bucket is 14", plate was 18", does stick down a little below the back of the bucket he said. Will post pics on Monday when I get it, too late, too cold and too old to go today.

The fact that the plate sticks down below the bucket may interfere with its ability to backdrag using the heel of the bucket. You'll have to use the front cutting edge instead. I backdrag with the heel on my bucket with a toothbar to get a smooth surface and sometimes drag the lock pins through the dirt. I don't know how you can prevent that.