Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw

/ Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw #1  

Big Barn

Tractor
More than 40 over the years. Ten at any one time. Mostly Ford and New Holland
I managed to get a little shop time in this past week to build a mobile bench for my Makita dry cut saw with a swivel base to keep long stock parallel on the infeed and outfeed roller tables.

The outfeed table detaches and the remaining unit is moved easily “wheelbarrow” style.

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

/ Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw #2  
Wow lot of good looking work done in a short time.

Curious how you tie down the back of the dry cut saw. There are two bolt holes in front but the back is not obvious.

/ Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw #3  
Seriously impressive. Where do you find those roller tables?

/ Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw
Wow lot of good looking work done in a short time.

Curious how you tie down the back of the dry cut saw. There are two bolt holes in front but the back is not obvious.

The back of that Makita has provision of one bolt in the left rear corner( inside the blade wrench “well”).

The front left bolt is missing in the picture as I realized I need to face an eighth inch off the bolt head in order for it to clear the swivel handle for the base’s swivel. I was going to chuck it in the lathe tomorrow but I think I’ll just take a grinder to it.

Seriously impressive. Where do you find those roller tables?

Thanks!

I was fortunate to find used sections locally several years ago. I’ve also use a few sections for my horizontal bandsaw.

IMG_2929.jpg

/ Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw #6  
That is a pretty sweet set up. A simple chop saw that can mitre and a sturdy but portable and solid roller tables. Gonna have to file those pics!

/ Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw #7  
   / Swivel Base for Dry Cut Saw #8  
Seriously nice setup Terry, and timely enough so I can "steel" parts of it for the one I need to do for my new dry cut saw :laughing:

Any chance you got pics of how you did the swivel, lock, etc, for the table? Or, did you just let the table find its own "happy place" by the vise position/ cut piece? (Enquiring minds wanna know, saves brain cells :D )

Again, gorgeous work and thanks for posting... Steve

Here you go, Steve.

IMG_3326.jpg

It’s a locking swivel for a boat seat. Found it on Amazon for around 25 bucks.