Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs.

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs. #1  

MrSteve

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2025R
Hi guys... I had a nice surprise today while cutting grass, I happen to notice the right front side axle swivel housing seal is leaking. Cleaned it up to see how much, and to put it in type I would say a drip every 3 seconds, so needless to say I need to replace it.

I did do a search here on the forums and the only info I could find on this R&R is from a 2310... Would anyone happen to have a PDF of the front swivel housing break down or would it be possible to give me some instruction in type? Again this is the front right swivel housing seal on a 1533 year of 2005. Also the possible cost of this seal and any other things that would need to be replace because of the replacement work.

Just in case if I am wrong on what I am calling this seal, I will be happy to take photos and post them here.

Yes I could (will) get the service book, but just hoping I can see what the deal is 1st on the R&R.

Now to complain... I am just wondering what else is going to go wrong with this tractor! For my size of land and what I do with this until one would think it would last 100 years with nothing going wrong. I have 11ac here and all this tractor has done for 250hr+ is nothing but cut grass with a bush hog, really, "Cut", not bush, my land is all horse pasture.

* I have a bad seal now

* I had to replace the engine cut off solenoid last summer

* It was in the shop (under warranty) no less then 3x because of my front end loader dropping on its own AND the FEL still acts like it isn't working right, bumps (shudders) on the way up with NO load. I have only used the FEL for moving about 10 yrd of "dumped" clay, no digging. Sure clay is heavy, but I can honestly say I never got close to a full load in the bucket.

* Oh and now I am starting to get the torn seat thing going on because of the bolts that hold the back rest to the seat.

Again to the seal... I was going to replace the front end fluid today, per the book @300hrs, but that isn't going to happen. I would have been pretty upset dumping almost 8qts of fluid in the front just to have to dump it all out again, because of this seal leaking after...

MAYBE the front seal leaking is a indicator by Massy to let you know it is time to replace the fluid :rolleyes:

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs. #2  
I have a hydraulics bulletin, what is the serial number of your tractor

1533 Synchro Shuttle prior to serial number JPA94915

The hydraulic system on some 1533 and 1540 tractors with Synchro transmissions may experience
intermittent, momentary cavitation. This is most noticeable as a brief hesitation when operating loader
lift cylinders accompanied with a light buzzing noise coming from the hydraulic pump. A kit is available
to reduce the amount of cavitation on those tractors that exhibit this characteristic.

The hydraulic system on 1533 and 1540 tractors equipped with the synchro shuttle transmission must
be bled after changing the hydraulic oil or hydraulic oil filter.

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs.
Thanks for the reply... Looks to be that I am "in" the bulletin.

On the tag... MF1533-JPA91050.

So, what next? Service by the dealer (not looking foreword to that sorry to say)?

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs. #4  
Send me your email and I will mail the .pdf bulletin to you. As far as the housing,.. I can't get pictures unless I copy them at work,.. but the process is failry easy to do.

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs. #6  
We have replaced a few of these, most out of warranty

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs. #7  
Hope that gives you some help for your dealer visit

/ Swivel Housing Seal, Leaking on a 1533 @ 300hrs.
Thanks Jason... I have e-mail you back. Who knows what will happen with the info I have sent you.