/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
T MOBILE

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM

Five different service reps LIED TO ME and all the lies were different.

I wanted to get their 5G internet and have both our phones switched to T mobile AND get T-Mobile internet Email addresses for my self and spouse

The first rep was absolutely certain I’d have no issues. She was going to call us back after we checked our existing contracts for termination fees.

She never called us back.

Meanwhile, I got the “gateway ( it’s really a 5-G smartphone in a box with its own phone number) I got it up and running it was OK; FAST as hell but only as fast as the sending website so nothing was really all that much better. So even though OOKLA speed test said I was whizzing along at 400 & sumpin’ Mbps the sites I’d download from were slow, so the internet was still slow.

The second Rep was less certain he demurred refusing to give me a clear response to the email questions.

A third rep told me that I could get an email but only one per account she was adamant that T-Mobiles policy was one email per account. And since my wife was gettng a T-Mobile Phone accont she was golden for an email.

A fourth rep told me that My new T-Mobile.net or .com email addresses would appear on my account profile in a day or so.

A fifth Rep told me that My T-mobile Account ID was an email account.

FINALLY after demanding a supervisor and then another; Yah the supervisor was equally useless I got an English speaking guy who sounded like Mister Slicker than snot used car sales guy. I told him what I was trying to accomplish and he told me

NO ONE GET A T-MOBILE EMAIL ACCOUNT EXCEPT T-MOBILE EMPLOYEES and had no explanation for why I was being lied to.

I killed the service and am sending them back their stinkin’ “Gateway” device.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH T MOBILE

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #3  
AND get T-Mobile internet Email addresses for my self and spouse
Why?

I see no reason for your email address(es) to be tied to your ISP.

I have one with my Windstream account, but I never use it for anything other than contacting Windstream.

I have probably 25-30 other email addresses that I use for specific purposes.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show
Why?

I see no reason for your email address(es) to be tied to your ISP.
That you see no reason is not much of a statement. It inspires a loud spoken demand like "Who are you?" only with the attendant vulgarisms.
I see a perfectly good reason. Does that mean I should look down on you?

Anyway I don't like the idea of a Gmail account because nothing is ever free. You are paying for those free e-mail accounts. They abscond with every bit of data you put through their systems and sell it all to marketing people.
If you like that then that's just you. It ain't me.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show
Was thinking about it... but I guess, not now.
verizon has quit the email business too. you can't get e-maiI for their 5-g . I suspect Google is actually paying them to do this so that they can abscond with all the data that G-mail accounts give them to sell to marketing outfits.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #6  
Don’t be cheap and do as I did. Go to Go daddy or other site and create your own website. My website is inactive as I have it only for the email feature. Call it whatever you want (Raul-02.com) and you are entitled to as many personalized emails as you want (Raul@Raul-02.com) plus it allows you to completely manage, block etc just as T Mobile does. Not that expensive and it doesn’t matter which ISP you use.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #7  
This reads like a boomer manifesto to technology.

You are right, nothing is ever free. Nor are good phone, email, and data plans.

With t mobile, you are the product.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #8  
That you see no reason is not much of a statement.
The basic point is that those email addresses belong to the ISP. If you change ISPs, you lose access to those email addresses and have to go back through every where you may have used them, banks, CC accounts, retail sites, personal and business contacts, etc. to change them all.

I also have done as above and have my own web account and domain where I control traffic. Those email addresses and all of the other sites like Proton Mail stay with me, no matter which ISP I use.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #9  
The basic point is that those email addresses belong to the ISP. If you change ISPs, you lose access to those email addresses and have to go back through every where you may have used them, banks, CC accounts, retail sites, personal and business contacts, etc. to change them all.

I also have done as above and have my own web account and domain where I control traffic. Those email addresses and all of the other sites like Proton Mail stay with me, no matter which ISP I use.
I should have said that you can use any carrier instead of ISP. You are your own ISP, so total control. Set your own rules, block whoever you want etc.

All Go daddy does is give you access to the net.

/ T-MOBILE is a horror show #10  
Go daddy sells me my domain name. Do they host email also?

Status
Not open for further replies.